Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Whats your opinion.
Buy Evo 9 MR(then work on it)
61.11%
Upgrade current bone stock OR-Rally 06 to maximum
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Help with Modding Oz-rally 06 5-spd Engine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
He says money is no object so... He should go full custom I wanna see a fire breathing beast!!!!!! lol
ye i dont have where to throw money at, no goal just to make my car modded all the way possible
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mexamilian
ye i dont have where to throw money at, no goal just to make my car modded all the way possible
Well my friend my original suggestion is still my pick I think you should find the 4g64 block, build it, then get an evo head, build that. This will give you a 2.4 evo stroker motor. I know someone with this setup (extremely built however) running this in his evo pushing 590whp daily and can bump it up to 710whp for track use. A serious powerhouse. Just remember the motor will be only part of the cost has the car itself will need alot to handle that kind of power.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
So...cost wise on this option, about:

2k to pay for the engine swap
1k for an FP black
2k for the built engine parts
and like..1k on bolt ons

I'm thinking for 6k minimum...you could get what, 500hp? 600hp? That's enough to totally torch your tires without even moving or touching the brakes. I'm thinking that if someone does this, I mean really does it, they'd be quite a monster....the tranny wouldn't hold up either, so i guess tack another 1k on for that. Still, I've seen quite a few people say "i want HP, money is no object" only to never heard from them again, and see no updates what so ever.
i noticed you said tranny wouldn't hold up, what would u recommend if no money involved just the best out there?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:47 PM

Well my friend my original suggestion is still my pick I think you should find the 4g64 block, build it, then get an evo head, build that. This will give you a 2.4 evo stroker motor. I know someone with this setup (extremely built however) running this in his evo pushing 590whp daily and can bump it up to 710whp for track use. A serious powerhouse. Just remember the motor will be only part of the cost has the car itself will need alot to handle that kind of power.
u keep saying "running this in his evo pushing 590whp daily and can bump it up to 710whp for track use." u talking about evo here or Oz 06?
ill have ppl look for the 4g64 block(stock) and evo head(stock). im a N00B in cars as it goes for tuning and attaching devices, so plz keep it simple guys, but have some friends that have done whole under hood work which will be teaching and helping me out.
for now im just making a list of all the parts i will need.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:50 PM

also, what EVO we're taking parts from?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mexamilian
u keep saying "running this in his evo pushing 590whp daily and can bump it up to 710whp for track use." u talking about evo here or Oz 06?
ill have ppl look for the 4g64 block(stock) and evo head(stock). im a N00B in cars as it goes for tuning and attaching devices, so plz keep it simple guys, but have some friends that have done whole under hood work which will be teaching and helping me out.
for now im just making a list of all the parts i will need.
I am just saying I know how much power you can make with the engine setup I am recommending. The engine I am referring to is in an evo but you can put it into a lancer fairly easy. Look up Darkmitsu's 4G64 swap thread. This would be the procedure you would use for this engine. Making the OZ able to handle the power is another story however
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Um money obviously an issue or you wouldn't of bought an oz instead of an evo.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iseedipp
There has to be a way to block these type of people posting this junk. ^^^

Last edited by 03lances; Oct 27, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:39 PM
Account Disabled

man this thread is stupid..

if your throwing money around for no real goal, or just because as you stated then please throw some my way.

if money is REALLY no issue sell your car and buy a lotus or something already..
if money really wasn't an issue you would drive or have your car towed to a mitsu performance shop such as ams or similar and say.. "make as much HP as possible and sky's the limit budget wise"..... not be asking random questions on the internet
There is an old saying maybe you'd herd of it... You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
I dont care to see your bank statement, but clearly this is more of a dream in my eyes then anything.

Just to point out as well, generally your entering into un tested territory, so although your friends might be competent around a honda engine bay, its a different story with what your looking to do.

Take the 10+grand you'd spend on your lancer, sell your lancer, use that money plus the 10+grand and buy a evo.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotime

if your throwing money around for no real goal, or just because as you stated then please throw some my way.

if money is REALLY no issue sell your car and buy a lotus or something already..
if money really wasn't an issue you would drive or have your car towed to a mitsu performance shop such as ams or similar and say.. "make as much HP as possible and sky's the limit budget wise"..... not be asking random questions on the internet
There is an old saying maybe you'd herd of it... You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
I dont care to see your bank statement, but clearly this is more of a dream in my eyes then anything.

Just to point out as well, generally your entering into un tested territory, so although your friends might be competent around a honda engine bay, its a different story with what your looking to do.

Take the 10+grand you'd spend on your lancer, sell your lancer, use that money plus the 10+grand and buy a evo.
I should not have to say it again.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

somebody needs to be the voice of reason here.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by iseedipp
actually i bought the oz when i was 17 im 21 and i love my OZ dont care about evo cuzz one day ill be able to smash it(sorry to all you evo guys out there hope we dont cross each other, or thell be lots of tickets ) )
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:31 AM

There has to be a way to block these type of people posting this junk. ^^^
its ok i just love watching them go nuts, cuzz they dont have the money i will spend
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:35 AM

excuse me for not clarifying: ill make this clear.

when i said money is not an issue u took it wrong my friend, what i mean is i have spare cash, ether i save it(which i hate doing) or spend it or childish random things like upgrading to mac, video games, air soft, lenses for 50d etc.
sorry for not making it cleat to yah bud :P
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:38 AM

my friends are into Mercedes's and Euro cars im Ukrainian

Quick Reply: Help with Modding Oz-rally 06 5-spd Engine