Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Whats your opinion.
Buy Evo 9 MR(then work on it)
61.11%
Upgrade current bone stock OR-Rally 06 to maximum
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Help with Modding Oz-rally 06 5-spd Engine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by turbotime
man this thread is stupid..

if your throwing money around for no real goal, or just because as you stated then please throw some my way.

if money is REALLY no issue sell your car and buy a lotus or something already..
if money really wasn't an issue you would drive or have your car towed to a mitsu performance shop such as ams or similar and say.. "make as much HP as possible and sky's the limit budget wise"..... not be asking random questions on the internet
There is an old saying maybe you'd herd of it... You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
I dont care to see your bank statement, but clearly this is more of a dream in my eyes then anything.

Just to point out as well, generally your entering into un tested territory, so although your friends might be competent around a honda engine bay, its a different story with what your looking to do.

Take the 10+grand you'd spend on your lancer, sell your lancer, use that money plus the 10+grand and buy a evo.

and as my quote goes ill say it once more to you in caps

"EVERY ONE CAN PIMP OUT AN EVO, NOT EVERYONE CAN PIMP OUT 06 OZ RALLY"
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would hate for this to turn into an online brawl like I have seen many time on here including in my own thread. Please all you evo guys who seem to hate everything else if you read this thread and dont see the point...

DONT BOTHER POSTING AN OPINION!!!!!!!!!

nuff said...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
Account Disabled

man I dont even own a evo so no I'M not one of those evo guys... I probably know better then anyone on here that dumping enough money into a lancer where you could of bought a evo or possibly 2 then its pretty fu*kin stupid.

I think its great to be different but different has already been done...

"EVERY ONE CAN PIMP OUT AN EVO, NOT EVERYONE CAN PIMP OUT 06 OZ RALLY"

LOL ANYONE can pimp out a 06 oz but EVERYONE chooses not to..

I can appreciate those guys on here have owned their car for years and have been modding it since day one, but with evo prices decreasing to jump on the bandwagon now JUST so you can have a "pimped" out oz does not make sense.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

People like myself, who have limited money/time/resources, are choosing to custom kit 16g their lancers. That's the most cost effective for us. I agree with those saying "it's not worth it" because to me, it isn't. I would much rather choose something like a (i know, it's worn out, and been done, and this that, blah, whatever) but if I were to spend more than 2k on my car, I would buy a 240sx, or a used evo, or a 300z or something like that with much more aftermarket support...and more fun (see RWD or AWD), and just keep my lancer stock.

It's up to the OP to do what he wants, even if we disagree (or agree) like 03lances says. If the car means something to him, and he wants it, then he will have it. If he wanted people to convince him not to do it, then I guess he would have asked...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
People like myself, who have limited money/time/resources, are choosing to custom kit 16g their lancers. That's the most cost effective for us. I agree with those saying "it's not worth it" because to me, it isn't. I would much rather choose something like a (i know, it's worn out, and been done, and this that, blah, whatever) but if I were to spend more than 2k on my car, I would buy a 240sx, or a used evo, or a 300z or something like that with much more aftermarket support...and more fun (see RWD or AWD), and just keep my lancer stock.

It's up to the OP to do what he wants, even if we disagree (or agree) like 03lances says. If the car means something to him, and he wants it, then he will have it. If he wanted people to convince him not to do it, then I guess he would have asked...

man even majority of my friends say i shouldn't, crap, looks like i have to put up a poll.
out of 100 people that will rate the poll ill choose the majority.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mexamilian
man even majority of my friends say i shouldn't, crap, looks like i have to put up a poll.
out of 100 people that will rate the poll ill choose the majority.
Do whatever YOU want to do man, its your car, your the one driving it, dont let anyone hold you back from doing what YOU want to do
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:03 AM

PPL plz read all posts on this thread and rate the poll!! thanks
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly my point. I am in the same boat as you my friend. In my car total I have $7200 into it. Thats buying the car, fixing it, then modding it . My main goal will be the mk4 supra but I am not in the position to go out and buy one just yet I have other priorities. So this is definately fun in the meantime. All I am saying is let the man do his thing. Whether or not he actually has the money, who knows and who cares.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Before I vote on this poll, I want to know something.

What price can you find an evo9 for in good shape? As a side question, what shape is your current car in, and miles?

as far as austin goes, cheapest I can find an evo8 for is 16000, so I wouldn't be able to afford that, but you say not to worry about the money. AWD is a huge jump over FWD, if that helps you decide....you're going to put the power down so much better in an evo. There are 1000hp evos, but if you had 1000hp in a FWD lancer, you'd just boil rubber and sit still I bet. Maybe get an AWD ralliart? or keep lancer as is and get one of those 2g DSM GSX eclipses that's AWD. I'm just such a big fan of "not FWD" if you're going to make serious power.

Last edited by HornstarBU; Oct 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:36 AM

Before I vote on this poll, I want to know something.

What price can you find an evo9 for in good shape? As a side question, what shape is your current car in, and miles?

as far as austin goes, cheapest I can find an evo8 for is 16000, so I wouldn't be able to afford that, but you say not to worry about the money. AWD is a huge jump over FWD, if that helps you decide....you're going to put the power down so much better in an evo. There are 1000hp evos, but if you had 1000hp in a FWD lancer, you'd just boil rubber and sit still I bet. Maybe get an AWD ralliart? or keep lancer as is and get one of those 2g DSM GSX eclipses that's AWD. I'm just such a big fan of "not FWD" if you're going to make serious power.
mainly work have on 24k miles clean title
HOLY CRAP JUST LOOKED ON CRAIGS LIST SAW EVO 9's for under 20G, mainly 16 and under mr was 18k with 45k miles HOLY I MIGHT EVEN CONSIDER AN EVO
Old Oct 31, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Just fyi, you ll only ever see 305 hp even with a engine swap. Just get a evo and use your lancer as a daily driver. Trust me, you ll start to see how sucky the oz rally really is. Its nothing but break downs after some slight mods. That and with your 4x114 bolt pattern and trying to find parts its not like a evo at all. Parts are so limited and with that, parts are $$$$$ . So unless you plan to drop $10,000 on a car and fine with throwing away money you ll never even see $6,500 if you sell it, get a evo. My oz rally when in mint condition, all I could get for it stock was $6,000.00 . So from a oz rally owner to another just dd it.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Oct 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I voted just now, for the evo. If you can afford it, even if it's a year down the road, it's going to be more reliable I think and you'd be happier with the performance.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:41 AM

ive resided to do engine upgrade from RRM. will not be doing swaps. ill keep u posted
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mexamilian
ive resided to do engine upgrade from RRM. will not be doing swaps. ill keep u posted
As far as engine upgrade, like, new internals, ARP headstuds, and then boost high numbers.....or like, all that plus ugraded stage2 head, new intake, ....like, that $7,000 stuff we were talking about? So you do want the high numbers then, 400hp and what not? Here's another link to sort of give you an idea of one mans progress with a pretty decent engine setup.

You might have seen it http://www.speedcorps.com/RobertsCar.html but they had him putting down over 300hp.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:11 AM

As far as engine upgrade, like, new internals, ARP headstuds, and then boost high numbers.....or like, all that plus ugraded stage2 head, new intake, ....like, that $7,000 stuff we were talking about? So you do want the high numbers then, 400hp and what not? Here's another link to sort of give you an idea of one mans progress with a pretty decent engine setup.

You might have seen it http://www.speedcorps.com/RobertsCar.html but they had him putting down over 300hp.

thanks a lot for the info looks like i have my list ))
ye im aiming for the 300min HP.

Last edited by Mexamilian; Nov 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with Modding Oz-rally 06 5-spd Engine