Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Need advise on which clutch to get

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advise on which clutch to get

So I'm driving to work yesterday and my car all of a sudden won't go in gear unless the car is off. I have diamond care tow my car to the dealer since its under warranty still. They call me today saying they have to tear it down to see if its the clutch or transmission. If its the transmission its covered under warranty. If its the clutch I have to pay them $262 for the tear down and to have them fix the clutch it will be $1600. Now of course if its the clutch they can go suck it and I'll fix it myself..... for less than $1600... So until they find out I have no car and can't get a rental under warranty. So i need to know what clutch I need thats not expensive. Not looking for a street performance clutch or anything like that just need some ideas on which clutch I would need to get that would last incase I need to get one. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a couple that I've seen online at this link that don't seem bad. Just don't know which one..
http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?D=cl...ial&Ntt=clutch
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

yeah all those clutches listed are for the Evo X, not sure if they will fit the Lancer. I have an ACT MR1-HDG6 kit, race disk and heavy pressure plate, probably not what you're looking for, but call ACT and tell them that kit fits your car, but you want something more daily driveable and comfortable. they will help you out, the customer service is awesome.

why wont the dealership give you a rental, if they towed your car there and stuff under warranty?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by yitzac1990

why wont the dealership give you a rental, if they towed your car there and stuff under warranty?
They towed the car under warranty because they didn't know if it was the clutch or the transmission.. Clutches are not covered under warranty for our cars.

They Evo has the same engine in it as the GTS. Only difference is the suspension and the turbo with a different clutch to handle the turbo.. Don't see how the evo clutch they list wouldn't fit though..
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

lol seriously dude? the evo has a helluva different motor than the GTS......how many miles on your car? Id assume the clutch would be covered, why wouldnt it? as long as its in the warranty period, and you daily drive it and the clutch goes out, it should be warrantied.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

They Evo has the same engine in it as the GTS. Only difference is the suspension and the turbo with a different clutch to handle the turbo.. Don't see how the evo clutch they list wouldn't fit though..[/QUOTE]

^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 08:24 AM

Well got the OEM clutch so my tranny stays under warranty. Not bad for oem clutch kit. Around $320 + Shipping. Although I can't get the gear oil anywhere around me and dealer wants like $30-$35/ qt. thats messed up
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:29 PM

A little late but I would have gotten the exedy oem clutch kit they have it for $306.93 shipped on amazon and for the trans fluid just go with something aftermarket try out redline, royal purple, mobil 1, valvoline, etc.. they're probably better then the oem gear oil.

Exedy OEM Clutch Kit 2008 Lancer GTS

I installed a exedy oem clutch on my brothers corolla and it grabs awesome and is easy to drive with everyday.