Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

maintenance service for 2010 gts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:43 PM
jdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maintenance service for 2010 gts

I'd like to know from lancer owners (especially gts owners) about the maintenance schedule they are following.
I live in Seattle and I have been getting my car serviced at Younker Mitsubishi down in Renton. I was told by the service manager at the dealership that Mitsubishi recommends the "Severe Maintenance Schedule" for my car (2010 lancer gts 5speed) since I live in the Northwest region.
But everytime I get my car serviced at Younker Mitsubishi, the service reminder sticker they stick to the windshield has a different interval from what Mitsubishi suggest. Younker Mitsubishi's service department wants me to bring my car every 3000 miles or every 3 months, whichever comes first. According to their sticker, my next service is due at 9000 miles, yet the manual clearly says 11250 or at 9 months from date of purchase. Also, they never seem to reset the service reminder on the gauge cluster.

What do you guys recommend?

p.s. I plan on getting my car serviced at a dealership for the first year or two before I completely void mitsubishi's so-called warranty with some mods, hehe...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdc
I'd like to know from lancer owners (especially gts owners) about the maintenance schedule they are following.
I live in Seattle and I have been getting my car serviced at Younker Mitsubishi down in Renton. I was told by the service manager at the dealership that Mitsubishi recommends the "Severe Maintenance Schedule" for my car (2010 lancer gts 5speed) since I live in the Northwest region.
But everytime I get my car serviced at Younker Mitsubishi, the service reminder sticker they stick to the windshield has a different interval from what Mitsubishi suggest. Younker Mitsubishi's service department wants me to bring my car every 3000 miles or every 3 months, whichever comes first. According to their sticker, my next service is due at 9000 miles, yet the manual clearly says 11250 or at 9 months from date of purchase. Also, they never seem to reset the service reminder on the gauge cluster.

What do you guys recommend?

p.s. I plan on getting my car serviced at a dealership for the first year or two before I completely void mitsubishi's so-called warranty with some mods, hehe...

doing your own maintenance / oil changes will not void your warranty. just keep your
receipts and you will be fine.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:13 PM
jdc

Originally Posted by lancer0220
doing your own maintenance / oil changes will not void your warranty. just keep your
oh ok, well in that case. which maintenance schedule are you following? Are you following the SEVERE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE from the manual booklet?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

When you get it serviced really depends on how & where you drive the car and a couple of other factors (mods, etc.). The severe schedule is going to be pretty steep cost-wise if you're bringing it to the dealership every cycle.

I do mostly highway driving, very little stop-and-go, the occasional auto-x, and DIY service. My basic maintenance schedule looks something like this (with wear items done as needed):

7,500 Miles: Rotate tires
10k Miles: Change oil/filter
15k Miles: Air filter/cabin filter
45k Miles: Gearbox fluid replacement (CVT)
60k Miles: Power steering fluid replacement
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdc
oh ok, well in that case. which maintenance schedule are you following? Are you following the SEVERE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE from the manual booklet?
I am not following the severe maintenance schedule. So far the only things I have changed on my car is the oil/filter and cabin air filter.

My car just hit 51k miles and i am on oem brake pads and all oem fluids.

I plan to do a cvt drain and refill somewhere around 60-75k and possibly have some things checked at the dealer when i do hit 75k.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:01 PM

I'm at 32k miles right now

- I change my oil and rotate my tires every 5k miles.
- Changed air and cabin filters at 20-25K
- I will have major fluids (brake/rad/trans/steer) changed around 60k
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Had my first oil and maintenance update at 7,200mi... im approaching 14k...and very excited to try Eneos Oil as soon as it gets here..Along with that ill add a drop in and just check over the car thoroughly...
-It just depends on how you drive the car.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:34 PM
jdc

hmm okay so I was right about the stealership. The service manager told me that I should follow the Severe Maintenance Schedule because of the Seattle weather, rain and cold...

well thanks guys for all the input
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
True,and neither will a drop in or K&N CAI intake at least not with my dealership and or insurance company

Originally Posted by jdc
I'll be honest. I HAVE NEVER FOLLOWED THE SERVICE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE because everyone drive's differently and some more aggressive than others. I've never had a problem and I usually do my own oil change's/intake filter's and such.

According to my brand new GTS only has 300 miles.
The "info" screen says 7300 for the 1st oil change and you even have an oil life gauge as well. Depending also on the type of oil you use does also determine the life of the oil too.

I personally only use Royal Purple and either K&N or Wix oil filter's all my car's from my parent's Outlander's to my SS.

Originally Posted by Turbo1918
Had my first oil and maintenance update at 7,200mi... im approaching 14k...and very excited to try Eneos Oil as soon as it gets here..Along with that ill add a drop in and just check over the car thoroughly...
-It just depends on how you drive the car.
Ya 7200 mile's is what the info screen say's on my GTS as well. Never heard of Eneos Oil let me know how that come's out.
Yes,you are correct it DOES MATTER ON HOW HARD OR SOFT YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR as well

I was told from a friend who owns @ a Mitsubishi/Subaru performance & regular maintenance shop about the CAI intake's in the Lancer's. He said that he only has a drop in K&N air filter (like I have in my 06 SS and with 20-30k of mile's on is just barely dirty) and said that the only CAI that work's GREAT & actually work's VERY WELL is the K&N CAI which I plan on purchasing because it doesn't void the warranty.

Originally Posted by jdc
hmm okay so I was right about the stealership. The service manager told me that I should follow the Severe Maintenance Schedule because of the Seattle weather, rain and cold...

well thanks guys for all the input
The dealership say's a lot of thing's because they are the dealership LoL and they are for the most part over priced. But ya since you live in Seattle where I know the weather is not always the same constant weather such as my case in South Texas you might want to change your oil more often depending on the weather and season.

I'd go with Royal Purple or at least try it cause I love it in my SS and can't wait to try it in my new GTS. Plus you get 6k instead of 3k on your oil change if you want to go that long without changing your oil because Royal Purple is pretty pricey.

Last edited by Mex24x; Nov 30, 2010 at 03:52 AM.