Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4G93 Intake Manifold on 4G94 (Fuel Rail not flush)??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE:

I was able to find some smaller screws that allowed me to make the fuel rail more flush and it seems the injectors are now shooting properly to the cylinders. However idling is still crazy. I think its my IAC thats causing that issue.

Heres a pic of how it sits now.

Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

looks better...my IAC went out and my car didnt run.i had a spare though. maybe your throttle cable needs to be adjusted.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil' jeff
looks better...my IAC went out and my car didnt run.i had a spare though. maybe your throttle cable needs to be adjusted.

Hmm well the throttle cable seems to be mounted fine. How could that cause the idle issues?

Its in park and will jump around to 2,000 rpm then drop back to 1,000 rpm and go back and forth. Does it usually when I'm in Park or neutral. Zulu sent me a used IAC and I swapped it with that one and thought it was fixed but its going the same thing. When I turned on my ac it idles crazy too.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

I probably don't have to ask this, but you reset the ECU right?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

well mine did that and i just messed with my throttle cable and its been fine ever since. mine idles rough when at a light and a/c on but im sure i need new mounts...try the tps sensor my mustang did that idle up and down bad when that sensor went out, but i believe you gotta pull the tb off to change it.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
I probably don't have to ask this, but you reset the ECU right?

Lol yep Will, always resetting the ecu to learn.

Still garbage, you remember when I came over and you said it sounds like my car was going to explode. Yep , all I did was turn on the A/C.

Jeff: I changed the IAC and TPS as well. Keep pulling a EGR related engine service code though and I changed the EGR. Thats the problem with going used though, its a gamble.

Last edited by Photool; Jun 6, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Changed the Engine Oil and did a transmission flush on Thursday and noticed I still hear an excessive amount of air coming out of injectors and when I press down on them my car idles different . Maybe the injector seals have become warped because of the previous seating? No gas smells or leaks...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say so. I've read those should be changed when the injectors are messed with. Besides, They're an inexpensive step to getting a good idle. No CEL?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
I would say so. I've read those should be changed when the injectors are messed with. Besides, They're an inexpensive step to getting a good idle. No CEL?

Yea, ill replace them and see what happens in the next week.

Ive been pulling a weird P0401 - p0401 EGR airflow insufficient .
Replaced EGR a couple times and reset ecu and code comes and goes :\
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Alright , couple things done today.

Went to Advance Auto Parts store to pick up the seals. Come to find out they gave me Injector O-rings (I was wondering why they were smaller compared to the ones on now). Its because it wasn't what I needed . Where Im getting the leak is the Injector Insulators (where the fuel injector goes into the intake manifold ) they said they have no clue what Im talking about and don't carry them. I'm guessing this is something only Mitsubishi will carry?

Picture below(left is insulators, right is o-rings):

Also got a chance and rescanned for CEL

I got 3

P0133 -heated oxygen sensor slow to respond
P0300 - Misfire
P0401 - egr airflow insufficient

I'm thinking first one could be maybe a bad main 02 sensor or exhaust leak and 2nd code could be because the injectors weren't shooting properly and the spark plug misfired.

Last edited by Photool; Jun 14, 2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Let me know if you guys have any inputs. Thanks

Update:

Got a chance to search the inter-web a little bit and found this kit online @ advance and rockauto

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...1287164246____

I believe that's what I'm looking for

Does anyone have any fuel rail spacers they could send my way ?

Last edited by Photool; Jun 14, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

yea i bet all that is due to them not sittin right. the heated oxygen sensor is the downstream o2 sensor, like $68 at autozone but i found one on ebay cheaper. i have the insulators and o-rings,but my o-rings are red. dont know if thats a big deal or not and its of the g94 engine. Also have the fuel rail spacers. Dont know what the stealership will charge for all that but ill work with ya, just let me know.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Photool
Also got a chance and rescanned for CEL

I got 3

P0133 -heated oxygen sensor slow to respond
P0300 - Misfire
P0401 - egr airflow insufficient

I'm thinking first one could be maybe a bad main 02 sensor or exhaust leak and 2nd code could be because the injectors weren't shooting properly and the spark plug misfired.
I'm trying to look at these as being interconnected versus being three random events. I'll suggest some options for the individual problems further but P0300 can be caused by a "too lean" condition. I see you replaced the EGR so I'll assume that's not it. Check for a vacuum leak from the IM. P0401 can be caused when the EGR valve isn't opening properly due to lack of vacuum. I'm guessing that there is some leak from the IM that may be the common problem across these three codes. I'd check your MAS as well.

As for the individual codes:

P0133 - Reset your ECU and see if it comes back. If it does (and there is no leak or vacuum loss), then I would look to replace the O2 sensor. I would check the MAS on this one as my bad MAS gave me a P0133 code many moons ago. If it is O2 related, I *believe* that this is the front O2 but don't quote me on that.

P0300 - Random misfire can be many things, assuming it's not the leak I think it is. Can be your plugs, wires, O2 sensor, coil packs, MAS or you could just be running lean.

P0401 - Insufficient EGR flow: if you've replaced the EGR valve, then it's probably not the culprit and just a symptom of the other two (IMO).

I'll text you to see if I can just swing by for a few minutes sometime this weekend or something to give a quick look. I'm convincing myself that it's something minor ....
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

i wish i had someone to help me with all mt crap lol,,,good lookin out.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil' jeff
i wish i had someone to help me with all mt crap lol,,,good lookin out.
Man, I'm sure there's tons of people in your area.... don't forget about the Mirages. The Lancer is a stroked (and slightly bored) Mirage so us Miragers who have been tinkering with the 4G93 for years can sure lend a hand.

Quick Reply: 4G93 Intake Manifold on 4G94 (Fuel Rail not flush)??