Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Why the Hate for Modding Lancers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man!

I am like you, I rather mod a base lancer, squeeze everything out of it, do it myself and be proud of what I did...money cant buy you respect, do it and be proud! Specially if you beat a "faster" car with your own build...Not to mention, with the proper knowledge and skill, for ALOT less $$$$...

People forget where all of this moding, performance upgrade started...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the main reasons I'm modding mine and not just buying an evo is I think its a great platform to learn on. If you have the inclination to learn about vehicles and the desire to mod yourself with your own hands I think its much wiser to do it on a vehicle that is cheaper in all regards (vehicle cost/insurance/gas/parts). If I did something dumb tomorrow and my car exploded (which it has no indication of doing) I would still be in a postion where i could go out and get myself something nice to get to work in. If it was an Evo..I'm not so sure about that, the few hundred dollars per month I've saved over years owning the regular lancer had afforded me that peace of mind. It all depends on personal situations.

I somewhat view this car and its modding as a rite of passage to owning and working on a superior vehiclr such as the Evolution. And although I've done good so far, that passage isn't quite complete yet so...mod on!!

Last edited by Etrain49; Aug 6, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:02 AM

I mod mine, because I mod EVERYTHING. I haven't owned a stock ride in years. I've put a lot of work into my Lancer because I love it. Working on cars is fun especially when you can feel the difference.

My car isn't Evo or Mustang "fast" but it's certainly a lot quicker and fun than it was stock. I'm doing my cams in a few weeks once Rick sends me the new mapping.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Comrade_Jerkov
I mod mine, because I mod EVERYTHING. I haven't owned a stock ride in years. I've put a lot of work into my Lancer because I love it. Working on cars is fun especially when you can feel the difference.

My car isn't Evo or Mustang "fast" but it's certainly a lot quicker and fun than it was stock. I'm doing my cams in a few weeks once Rick sends me the new mapping.
Did you get the Cams installed? how you like em?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:28 AM

Talking Thoughts

Just reading and this is a great discussion. I want to turbo my lancer just because it's something I always wanted to do. Right, why not buy an evo; price, insurance and gas mileage was a factor. But it will be done right when I get it done. I have some mechanical experience but none to do a turbo. Suspension, brake, any external I'm good but otherwise, nope.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
That is the whole point of being a "car guy" Its also the "Man disease" we simply can't leave "s**t alone! and thats ok. I am starting to sound like an Al-anon meeting, My name is Brent and I am a car guy, I can't leave "s**t alone, it has been 2 weeks since my last car mod and well..I need you support...you get the idea. If there were an award I would win hands down I have spent over 20k on a car now worth about 6k (according to blue book) and I am not even close to being done! only claim to fame is my car was the worlds first 04-06 Ralliart 2.4MIVEC to have ECU reflash running the turbo kit. If I wanted an EVO I could have easly bought one but I set out on a quest and because of that quest I am now co-owner to UVTune Inc. (Flashing the 04-06RA and 06+Eclipse) point is never know where it will all take you. There are mods that works and ones that just look pretty and you know what....they are all just as cool! The car is an expression of who you are or want to be so if you have the itch to mess with s**t do it!!!!!! Another example of where thia has taken me I am now involved with a company that has designed the first programmable ignition system. Gas Mileage is down and power delivery is up! the tech is amazing! its expensive but its worth every dime. Enough glossing bottom line is, this is what we do! Get out there and paint ,replace, install, tweak or tune something.

Wolvie...Is that you? I may need you and your partner later on this summer....
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:25 PM

Well, in the end all of the comments that were posted were very supportive of modding your car. i have a 2014 lancer es and i get "the talk" from friends and family, its a brand new car dont mess with it, but IMO you can always make a car better (at least better fit for you).
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:11 PM

These discussions always remind me of this clip.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

I like this forum. Good conversation and new experiences
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:34 PM

https://www.facebook.com/seijin.dootson?fref=photo
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Check his facebook for boosted lancer gts

Last edited by irwintan27; Jul 12, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 07:50 PM

Would you know how to get a gen 10 lancer to 400hp??? Like literally everything i would have to do??
Old Oct 11, 2018, 08:14 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I'm more bothered by poor punctuation that makes posts hard to read than modded lancers.
I day do it.
You find many Lancer haters in the Lancer forum.