Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

?? on NOS, NX, Venom, ZEX all NO2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2004, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailMaker02

u said it. i took that to mean we have 1.8L bored out to 2.0L engine. the 1.8L being from the Mirage. so if thats what you meant then i guess you did say something about the mirage, oh nevermind
thats what he was saying. our head is basically a bored out 1.8L mirage head. the walls of our head are pretty thin and cant take the punnishment of nitrous.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

the biggest problem w/ the lancer engine is the piston rings and rods, they are extremely weak and cannot handle that sudden burst of power, i dont know one single person on this forum who has nos and a motor that runs. save ur money for some good reliable mods it will be worth it
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heres Your Answer, Seriously...

Ok everyones saying one thing absolutly, and then someone else is saying the next with uncertainty... and heres what you all need to here!

1. You can run a 50 shot o´NOS all day on a stock engine IF IT´s DRY.
It only injects when at Wide Open Throttle, so for the movie watchers that havent used it... No you dont just hit a button and bang! Unless your foots to the floor, then yes it will do so however as soon as your throttle decreases it will kill the shot.

SINGLE POINT SYSTEMS
Usually a few inches before the throttle body a N20 JET is placed.
Dry shots are usually stuck at the intake with 1 solenoid (what controls the N2O).
DRY like this is reliable and puts out about 50-60HP.
WET systems are almost the same setup except that now your N20 JET is spraying Fuel and N2O together, this helps maintain the right Air-N20-Fuel Ratio at higher HPs.
Try not to run a WET SYS. more than 80HP, cus then the fuel distribution will be uneven. Youll have Air Fuel and N2O coming all at once through one JET at the Intake Manifold and some cylinders most likely the closest ones at first will get more than the rest and interupting the sequence, thus burning leaner than the rest. Das Bad!

DIRECT PORT SYSTEM
Its just that... Directly into each port. in other words you have a Jet plugged into each runner of the intake manifold (Lancers, that means 4).
Now each cylinder gets the correct ammount-mixture of N2O and Fuel.
It introduces a Fuel Solenoid now, and you have to add the Fuel Distribution Blocks which make sure that each nozzle gets an even ammount of fuel and N2O.
However I apologise but Im gonna have to let someone take over from here cus I have never installed a Direct Port System, so I only know enough.
I hope I cleared up the Single Point Systems though, for everyone.

Nitrous really isnt that complicated if your as smart as me which I dont expect you to be cus Im just sooo cool like that so its ok, and everyone comes to me all the time for questions cus they know that I know so much and im the shiit... LOL THAT WAS A JOKE... YA KNOW, HA HA ... ITS CALLED BEIN STUPID, HAVIN FUN...LIGHTEN UP!

Look, Smell my thumb, guess what it is!

Marcos

Last edited by CityKnight; Oct 26, 2005 at 03:31 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

IMO... i've known someone who had a dry kit 50shot set up for 2+ years... he didnt have bad luck... maybe cuz he didnt know it was a bad idea...

Last edited by mitsulancerrace; Jul 11, 2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

congrats on bumping a ~7mth old thread
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Have you ever seen the stock pistons and rods? It's only a matter of time. It's your car, but if you pop your head off after running nitrous I guarantee you'll see scorched valves, plugs, and other signs of detonation. The day your engine sounds like someone threw a handful of change into a clothes dryer I'll be here with a big "toldja so".
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

my old car did that, i had a rod and piston go thru the head, and looked like change under the car
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mitsulancerrace, didn't you mention in another thread that you had a shot in your ride? i could be remembering incorrectly but if you do still have it, why not post some info on what you're running and how it's working out for you.....personaly i'm still saying it's no good but if somebody else wants to do it, well it's not my lancer.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i had his and only did 2 dyno runs on it, and then i took it out n gave it back to him, he's selling his car. The asking price is $9,500. The car has 53K, Its yellow with around 12K invested. Full body kit, hood, grill, PS2, In dash TV,
NOS, purge kit, Lexus taillights shaved into trunk, shaved trunk lock, 4 racing seats, sparco racing belts, momo interior stuff, injen air intake, apex-i cat-back,
denzo plugs, 2 12" diamond M6's 2 JBL 360X1 power series amps, all custom installs. e-mail him at Timdotrizzo@hotmail.com Rear bumber needs body work.... and im gonna try to have him part it out so i can have a piece of it.

Last edited by mitsulancerrace; Jul 11, 2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

I have 2 pistons that stare me in the face everyday that had 15,000 miles on them and got their face ripped off with a 50 shot that got sprayed once, it will cost you a thousand or two dollars to push that little button once, considering the price of the wasted purchase of nitrous and the cost of an engine rebuild, and yes the head on the mirage is pretty much the same as the lancer, the 2.0 liter has nothing to do with the head thats why the tsi turbo manifold from this kit is meant for a mirage but bolts up to our head.