Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

"official" reason why there is no evo 8kit for 2002/3

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay., i feel like everyone's bashing me, but i just really dont like the fact that there isnt an evo 8 kit for our lancers. I really wish i had an evo, but i'm only a college kid, and my budget is not much. the same amount of money and time they spend in making ugly front ends like the Apexi versions 1 and 2, and all that, they can make an evo 8 front end, or make one that looks like it. I swear i only like 2 of the lancer kits out there, the rest are ugly to me. i like the evo 7 front ends only, and the tracer front ends only. and whoever said there was an evo 8 front end on a 02'03 lancer, i gotta see it, cause i dont believe it.
-chris
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:23 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

i dont remember what specific thread it was posted in, but there was a pic floating around somewhere. like i said it was on a overseas lancer. no one stated what company made the kit, but they did have it. sorry i dont know more info. i guess search? maybe that'll help.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

and..i wanna say..accolade doesnt have to be the only one to make it. gosh, how many other people out there produce and design lancer kits/ or kits for that matter? accolade sucks apparently if they can't produce a kit that looks like an evo 8 for our year lancer.
-chris
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:42 AM

ANYTHING can be done if you throw enough money at it, I am a cost accountant for a custom manufacturing firm so i've done the cost analysis on a lot of custom products. Not all of them are feasible.

If accolade doesnt feel that there is enough demand for something that will possibly take a large amount of money to develop then they would actually be right to not produce that product.

If you feel that accolade "sucks" because they won't bend over for you then, I really dont know what to tell you. Take your business elsewhere, find a company that will produce it, try to stage a large group buy that would prove that this would be profitable, perhaps. But it is rather childish to complain about it in this manner.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

chris, you live in AL. sleek is in North FL. theyre gonna do mine.. hopefully if it works perfect.. you could get em to do somethin for you. theyre freakin awesome!!

(to .L. ThankS! i am Unique! my mama told me that too!! haha)

oh i talked with sleek. they said the hood and the fenders should directly bolt up.. the front a lil work.. but it shouldnt be all that hard.. im sure accolade could do this if enough people wanted it.

LETS GET A GIALLA KIT FOR THE LANCER!!! HELL YEAA!!

(the other cool thang.. everyone seems to have an evo around here. all the car shops.. all the guys who work there.. its like yeaa another evo.. when i drive by.. i want people to be like damn Thats A Lancer!?)

Last edited by blacklancer03; Oct 21, 2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:06 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

^ no problem bro

Originally Posted by blacklancer03
when i drive by.. i want people to be like damn Thats A Lancer!?)

now thats what i'm talking about.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by modelchris
and..i wanna say..accolade doesnt have to be the only one to make it. gosh, how many other people out there produce and design lancer kits/ or kits for that matter? accolade sucks apparently if they can't produce a kit that looks like an evo 8 for our year lancer.
-chris
Before I joined Accolade's forces I have designed my own bodykit that was pretty much unique and never been done before. I even posted it on evom and many people said they liked it. Heck, a few of them said they'd join a GB for one! But still Accolade did not find it feasible to make such an extreme body kit. There is only so much a company can do to the look of a car, anything beyond that would have to be custom made. Have you ever seen a lamborghini bodykit for a honda? Have you seen a porsche body kit for a miata? If you have then it was done custom, no body kit maker will mass produce such extreme bodykits. Im not trying to bash you, but rather show you that companies will not do something unless they see feasability and a good customer base to make profit on.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

yeah chris,
birmingham is not that far from where we are. if you want to do a evo front bumper contact me through email or pm me on here and we will talk this through and see what i can do for you. i am also going to be doing a body kit that is made for the evo on my lancer. not a stock evo bumper but made for the evo. it is going to have to molded to git my lancer but im fine with that. if an evo 8 front is what you want then i will see what i can do for ya man
tim
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Kareem@Accolade
Before I joined Accolade's forces...
The force is with us /\ I agree what most people have said, and perhaps the general statement in regards to chassis is true.. from a design stand point maybe set by opinion our designers do not think it will look good because of the general shape.. The Ralliart was a better candidate for the evo8 conversion.. we can all agree on that..
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RobertK
I haven't ever heard of an evo8 front bumper for the 02-03 lancer.
wouldn't that be hard since the grill is part of the hood on our cars and the grill is part of the bumper on the evo 8s?
its the same on the evo7 and there are conversions for that. actually there are conversions that change the hood also, and just front bumpers that keep the stock hood. if the 7 can be done the 8 can be done.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

if they attempted to make one that fit our car... ppl would ask... " what is it? " it would look like nothin bro
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

better than oh thats a lancer.. keep on walkin
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

they wouldn't be able to even tell it was a lancer an evo or a piece of art meng...