Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Got pulled over, AGAIN!?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got pulled over, AGAIN!?!

Well, I was eating ice cream with my girlfriend in a small town of about 100 people. There are only 2 cops in the whole town. I had my car parked outside the ice cream place and I noticed a cop driving by looked at it. Later I creeped out of the parking lot. Of course there was no traffic in the small town. I was leaving to go to the park and finish up our ice cream. As soon as I pulled out a cop did a nice little U-turn behind me and started tailgating me. I was still only going about 15mph in a 25 zone. He was only 2ft off my bumper. Then he turned all his lights on, brights, flashers, strobes, flood lights, spotting lights.. and all. I was like.. omfg, what did I possibly do wrong? Pull out onto a road with no traffic too slow? He came up to my window and asked where I lived.. Then I told him Trenton, MI. (I was in Carleton, MI about 15miles away by my gf's house). He asked for license and registration. Then he said.. the reason I am pulling you over is because your windows are tinted illegally. I said, wow thats not what they told me when I got them tinted. Then he said, you have to options. You can either take this here razor blade I have in my pocket and scrape that tint off while I check your license and I'll pretend I didn't see it, OR you can wait for me to check your license and then give you a 2pt ticket with a $1xx fine. Then he said, now I'm not FORCING you to do this.. Then I was like, LOL you leave me with no choice I guess. (thinking in my head.. bastard) I scraped the tint off of my front driver and passanger windows like he instructed. Then he told me that the rear windows could only be 35 percent and mine was also illegal in the back. But he let me go anyways and said if he saw it tinted again he would give me a ticket.. I left and went on my way. (he had also eyeballed my sun visor up top of my windshield and my racing seats)

OMG police are so stupid.. I just checked my state laws and it says you are allowed 4in of tint of any darkness on the front windows, and ANY tint in ALL of the back windows. I just got back inside from cleaning off ALL of my window tint. That was a trip to get off. All that glue stuck to the windows. I had been pulled over at least 2 or 3 times before and nobody said anything about the tint. I feel like going back over to the little 10ft by 40ft police department and showing them the law and ask for money reimbursement or something lol.

I actually decided that now I'm either going to get yellow window film all the way around (except windshield) or get 35percent yellow mirror tint.. which is allowed in every window except windshield. Yea imagine that, they allow mirror tint in every window, but not regular tint. Amazing.

Sorry for venting, just had a nice night.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Oh sorry, if you were wondering the window tinting laws, here is the most recent updated laws. This kinda hard to find.
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm (US Laws)
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/consumer_in...vincelaws.html (Canada Laws)
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

what about california... i got pulled over last nite n handed a fix it ticket.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks, i hate those kind of mother****ing cops !!!!

You should have slammed on the brakes while he was tailgating you. You might have been able to get good amount of $$$ from government.

**** those mother ****ing cops.... i bet u they like your car but too bad, they cant drive or afford them.

Good luck in future!!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I asked him to do a fix it ticket, but he was like, "WE DON'T DO THOSE!!" Almost yelling. I should slammed on the brakes.. but I didn't want to ruin my bumper and nice audio setup lol.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04lancerEsGuy

You should have slammed on the brakes while he was tailgating you. You might have been able to get good amount of $$$ from government.

**** those mother ****ing cops.... i bet u they like your car but too bad, they cant drive or afford them.

Good luck in future!!
LOL! Brake-check a cop. That's smart. Nationwide, break-checks are illegal and can be considered reckless endangerment. He'd be more likely to be in jail, lose his car and pay a huge fine.

Sorry about the trouble man, but it's always a good idea to get your information regarding tint legality from the local police or youe states website. Never trust a tint shop, they like money, and you can't do anything to them if it turns out it's not legal.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sailorgoon
LOL! Brake-check a cop. That's smart. Nationwide, break-checks are illegal and can be considered reckless endangerment. He'd be more likely to be in jail, lose his car and pay a huge fine.

Sorry about the trouble man, but it's always a good idea to get your information regarding tint legality from the local police or youe states website. Never trust a tint shop, they like money, and you can't do anything to them if it turns out it's not legal.
you can still get the money and not get in trouble becuase cops are not allowed to tailgate any body. Specially, if it is cops fault than government will pay you becuase they dont want to get in trouble of law suit and stuff!!!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

04lancerEsGuy.. you can add me to your signature.. lol. Pulled over 3 times, 2 tickets.. too fast on a highway ramp, removal of tint.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

haha! Don't you hate that? Sucks you had to peel it off =/ But next time you get pulled over for tint (which you probably will with mirror-yellow tint by some cop..) and get ticketed, take the ticket to where you got the tint job, ask them for a "receipt" that says you paid them to peel it off and take that receipt with your ticket to the courthouse, and they should just write it off w/ no fines. This way you keep your tint and don't have to pay a fine. I did it, then avoided the town I got pulled over in for a while.=]
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
04lancerEsGuy.. you can add me to your signature.. lol. Pulled over 3 times, 2 tickets.. too fast on a highway ramp, removal of tint.
i wish i could...they only allow 500 charactes and i have reached the limit.

I am plannign to start a new thread and i will let u know to list u r car in there.

GOOD LUCK !!!!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

i hate stupid idiotic cops who hate tuned cars...but im gonna b 1 in few years...and im sure ill let u guys go without any tickets lol...but cops in few cities r just a$$es.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
Well, I was eating ice cream with my girlfriend in a small town of about 100 people. There are only 2 cops in the whole town. I had my car parked outside the ice cream place and I noticed a cop driving by looked at it. Later I creeped out of the parking lot. Of course there was no traffic in the small town. I was leaving to go to the park and finish up our ice cream. As soon as I pulled out a cop did a nice little U-turn behind me and started tailgating me. I was still only going about 15mph in a 25 zone. He was only 2ft off my bumper. Then he turned all his lights on, brights, flashers, strobes, flood lights, spotting lights.. and all. I was like.. omfg, what did I possibly do wrong? Pull out onto a road with no traffic too slow? He came up to my window and asked where I lived.. Then I told him Trenton, MI. (I was in Carleton, MI about 15miles away by my gf's house). He asked for license and registration. Then he said.. the reason I am pulling you over is because your windows are tinted illegally. I said, wow thats not what they told me when I got them tinted. Then he said, you have to options. You can either take this here razor blade I have in my pocket and scrape that tint off while I check your license and I'll pretend I didn't see it, OR you can wait for me to check your license and then give you a 2pt ticket with a $1xx fine. Then he said, now I'm not FORCING you to do this.. Then I was like, LOL you leave me with no choice I guess. (thinking in my head.. bastard) I scraped the tint off of my front driver and passanger windows like he instructed. Then he told me that the rear windows could only be 35 percent and mine was also illegal in the back. But he let me go anyways and said if he saw it tinted again he would give me a ticket.. I left and went on my way. (he had also eyeballed my sun visor up top of my windshield and my racing seats)

OMG police are so stupid.. I just checked my state laws and it says you are allowed 4in of tint of any darkness on the front windows, and ANY tint in ALL of the back windows. I just got back inside from cleaning off ALL of my window tint. That was a trip to get off. All that glue stuck to the windows. I had been pulled over at least 2 or 3 times before and nobody said anything about the tint. I feel like going back over to the little 10ft by 40ft police department and showing them the law and ask for money reimbursement or something lol.

I actually decided that now I'm either going to get yellow window film all the way around (except windshield) or get 35percent yellow mirror tint.. which is allowed in every window except windshield. Yea imagine that, they allow mirror tint in every window, but not regular tint. Amazing.

Sorry for venting, just had a nice night.
Simply put, he didn't FORCE you to do anything, you did it by your own free will and choice. You could request that the police department pay you back, but it would be denied, as he didn't FORCE you to do it and as you did it on your own.

In general (not aiming at anyone in particular), get to know your state laws and regulations!!! If you know that what you are doing is legal, then by all means stand by it. This does NOT mean to be a dick to the cop because he'll just give you hell; it means that if they want to issue you a ticket, politely explain what the law is and where it is found, and if they still want to ticket you, let them. You can get the ticket tossed!

Also remember that cops are people too, they enforce the law to the best of their ability. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to memorize EVERY LAW that exists!!!

IMO, don't do yellow tint.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, I need some sort of tint on my windows. I'm going down to my local police station tomorrow to see what they recommend. I'm going to ask if that regular clear yellow window film is legal, and if the mirror tint is.. most likely I'm not getting mirror because I bet a state cop would pull me over for sure. So I'm prolly getting the clear yellow. I've seen it on a yellow civic by me and it looks really good. I used to not like it just by the sound of "yellow tint", but once I saw it, I liked it.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by need Z
Simply put, he didn't FORCE you to do anything, you did it by your own free will and choice. You could request that the police department pay you back, but it would be denied, as he didn't FORCE you to do it and as you did it on your own.

In general (not aiming at anyone in particular), get to know your state laws and regulations!!! If you know that what you are doing is legal, then by all means stand by it. This does NOT mean to be a dick to the cop because he'll just give you hell; it means that if they want to issue you a ticket, politely explain what the law is and where it is found, and if they still want to ticket you, let them. You can get the ticket tossed!

Also remember that cops are people too, they enforce the law to the best of their ability. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to memorize EVERY LAW that exists!!!

IMO, don't do yellow tint.
IF THEY CANT MEMORZE THE LAWS THAN THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE COPS!!!

TEHY SHOULD REVIEW THEM AND THAN ISSUE TICKETS!!!!!
HOW SIMPLE IS THAT????????????
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04lancerEsGuy

Good luck in future!!
u r in my signature now.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over, AGAIN!?!