Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Just traded my Lancer in!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just traded my Lancer in!

For another one I traded my 05 ES in for an 05 OZ Rally racing edition. The difference? This one is tricked out to the max with all options and every extra package available. Got it for exactly invoice, plus got $500 more for my trade than I even owed! I get deals like this because I used to sale cars for a living and will never be out sold. I like the new wheel look over the regular old standard stock OZ wheels too. They look sporty sort of like the Ralliart wheels. Got the sun and sound deal, cruise, carbon fiber dash pieces, chromed exhaust, cargo net, door scuff plates, blacked out headlights, etc., etc. I also got lifetime free oil and filter changes for as long as I own the car, and the extended roadside assistance deal.
No pics yet, as tomorrow I have to remove all mods from my trade and get the trade back to the dealer.
Funny thing is this ride takes off and moves faster stock than my ES even when my ES was stock. How can this be faster than my modded ES which was faster than when it was stock? I actually noticed this when I drove Blacksheepdj's stock 02 OZ too, it was faster. Maybe something with how the ecu is set up in the OZ?

Last edited by Slovak; Jul 15, 2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

nice purchase, im sure you will like it and hopefully wont regret it. so when you traded in your es, did you take all of your mods off?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Heh, not yet, got to do that tomorrow. It was getting late so the dealer is letting me bring the trade home tomorrow to remove the mods.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

you traded an 05 ES in to get an 05 OZ? or did u get a Ralliart? if its a RA its obviously gonna be faster because of the engine. the new OZs have the same engine with a few differences so i don't think they are actually faster. must be just you. then again i haven't driven one of the older lancers. The good thing is you can put most of your mods on this new car.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:57 PM

well i think why the es is slower is because it has the 2.0l with 120 hp and the ralliart i might be wrong it has the 2.4l mivec motor and like 160 hp i think i might be wrong on this im still a noob . but anyways congrats on the purchase.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Wait I'm a bit confused... so did you get an OZ or Ralliart?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

No, not a full Ralliart, none to be found anywhere around here, I looked, only the Ralliart wagons, which I don't like. Trust me, it is faster, even my wife said the same thing, faster than my ES modded or unmodded. If it isn't slightly faster, then they did a good job making it feel that way. Maybe how the ecu is programmed in the OZ over the ES?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

so its fully loaded and it seems faster? thats pretty cool

Last edited by oz4g94; Jul 15, 2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
Wait I'm a bit confused... so did you get an OZ or Ralliart?
It's an OZ, just what they call the Ralliart Racing Edition, fully loaded.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oz4g94
i think he got the OZ and he meant to type ralley but accidentally typed ralliart, but yes if he did get the ralliart i would hope that it seems faster.
Probably what he said, I'm tired.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oz4g94
so its fully loaded and it seems faster? thats pretty cool
Yeah, definately seems faster, I can't explain it. You would have to drive my 05 ES, then the new one to see what I mean. Might even be the wheels, I had steelies on the ES, and aluminum on this, which is lighter than the steelies, and lighter than previous model year OZ wheels too. I also like the new style wheels way better too. Anyway, won't lighter wheels get up and go faster than heavy wheels on the same car?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

thats pretty cool, i dont think ive seen any of the new oz wheels, youll have to post some pics of it soon. lighter wheels should help get the power to the ground easier since there is less resistance (i guess...thats what physics would say, but to be 100% sure we'd have to get those gurus in here).
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

hmm why would you trade in an 05 ES for a 05 OZ? i would have just kept the es and bought all the OZ stuff from people on here. the only thing you wouldn't be able to get would be the cruise. doesn't seem worth the hassel for me. the faster part: i think its just you. you might think it feels faster because the OZ suspension is a lot tighter than the es
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

it's all an imagination =P ...OZ rally sounds faster than "ES" i guess? lol =X
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:46 PM

hmm so do most dealers you think don't mind trading similar cars like that. I ask cause i was thinking about trading my auto oz for a manual oz. i just didnt think a dealer would see any advantage really in doing so.