Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^thats correct. they can't issue you a ticket with what the POP modes says. if they use POP, they're supposed to hit you with that, then switch over to regular radar/laser mode and base the ticket on what that says. a detector that detects POP can warn you to slow down before he hits you with regular. this is all according to a Beltronics brochure. i wish i would have known that before i got my last ticket. i asked the cop what he hit me with because my detector didn't go off. not once. he said it was this new thing called POP. i knew nothing about it at the time.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Does anybody know about lightdar? Not sure of the correct name but I saw a blurb on the news about it. It appears it uses light (not laser) and is not detectable with a radr/laser detector.

I also drive through this particular stretch of I-5 often. I see the police out there with a large device. Bigger then a radar gun. I never pick up anything from these guys. I wonder if this is that "lightdar" anybody know anything about this?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
Does anybody know about lightdar? Not sure of the correct name but I saw a blurb on the news about it. It appears it uses light (not laser) and is not detectable with a radr/laser detector.

I also drive through this particular stretch of I-5 often. I see the police out there with a large device. Bigger then a radar gun. I never pick up anything from these guys. I wonder if this is that "lightdar" anybody know anything about this?
police laser is called lidar... and it is detectable by a laser detector. the only reason some say its not is because its momentary targetting, and only gives off a signal when they hit you, or someone close to your line of sight. a good jammer or some veil should help out.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

The only way you are going to detect pop mode on a Ka gun is if it is leaking RF. POP mode basically puts the gun in full power mode and disconnects the transmitter til you push the button and POP, you're dead. Undectable if its pointed at you. Also called instant on radar.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Valentine 1 with POP!!!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:50 PM

I owned the the Cobra that i bought from bestbuy and it sucked. It never picked anything up and when it did it was way to late. Went to Car Toys bought a 8500 X 50 and it was great. Only ran me about 350 after tax. They have another one that is priced a little higher the only difference is in the color(blue instead of red). I took back my radar just because if i had it any longer i would probably have lost my license. It is a great radar but doesnt catch everything.