Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Some interesting numbers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting numbers

just got back from a short run up a very curvy road. first time ive gotten to REALLY drive my car in over a year. took some temperature readings when i pulled into my garage and just thought they were pretty interesting.
the run was about 10 miles all together. outside temps were around 43*. just treated my cooling system with some water wetter and i have to say this stuff works really well.
coolant temps were 160* where previously they would be around 178*-180*. an 18* difference!!!
the head was running at around 220*.
took temps of the intake manifold and throttle body as well. i do have RPW's phenolic spacers and i have done the throttle body coolant mod. intake manifold was running at 81* and throttle body was at 75*. at idle they are both just over 100*.
took a temp reading of the brakes at 220*. i have dimpled rotors with ceramic pads which took a VERY long time to warm up. basically i had no stopping power til i was on my way back, lol.
mods include: AEM CAI, radiused throttle body, ported and polished intake manifold, RRM header, full 2.25" exhaust.

Last edited by petey pab; Feb 15, 2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

I guess that is a good difference. In theory about 2 more HP you gained from that decreasing the intake temps by about 20 or so degrees. I honestly don't know how much good those phenolic spacers do. I can go driving, ripping on the car for an hour or more and come back and grab the intake manifold and or throttle body and it be as cool as can be. No heat whatsoever. And that is without the spacers... Anyway, think to said water wetter?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, water wetter lol. ran a can of sea foam in the tank and crank before the run and in the intake afterward. will see how the car reacts to that.