Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2009 GTS article/YouTube video

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
I would have wanted a Stability Control system instead of a traction control system. In theory you would be able to push the car even beyond its limits and it will not restrict you that much. Traction control on the other hand does things like cuts power to the engine and is design to prevent you from venturing beyond or to your cars limits. some stability control systems do both, most just stick with assisting the driver not limit the driver.

Traction control is a little too over reaching, and may spoil the experience, lol which brings us back to this debate, 2.4 vs 2.0

I wouldnt want to drive the car if you cant disable the traction control, you will not be able to let lose, even drop the car cause it will cut the throttle lol
Ahhhh, someone is sour that bought a 2008 GTS and 2009 will be a better car You argue against the displacement increase and the addition of traction control on FWD car. Both of those things seem like improvements to me, I would rather have a larger displacement engine with traction control for about same money than don't. Considering that larger displacement will produce more low-end torque (something current GTS is lacking) while having similar gas consumption numbers and no weight increase I say bring on the 2009 GTSs
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol well your missing my points in other threads, I am looking at it from tuner perspective / cost / and motorsports angle.

If it can be turned off then I would be back on the indifferent side. I am buying another project car lancer for the spring, and your right you hear me correctly, I will be buying a 2.0 vs. 2.4. its not a diss to the 2.4 but the 2.0 as it stands with the facts, it is the better choice for what I see.

A comment about our cars, for the figures vs. previous lancers the cars TQ level is impressive, there is nothing realy wrong with the low end at all. The world I come from I guess maybe I love contrasting it vs. Hondas lol joking. thats unfair.

The conservative thinking I use is, all these options are good, but none are perfect, but as we use each one we are able to see the + and -'s with each. I just think the 4b11 is better suited for upgrading to a boost project. I would love to see what is going to happen for the Rally Art project, maybe my point of view will change but I rather be grounded in fact then in rumor and buzz.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What all you guys need to understand is that with any platform you are going to have newer models that will come out with the potential of better engines etc. I wouldn't get your panties in too much of a bind though, that's just the way it is. Look at it this way, more options to do an engine swap! Plus I agree with Evo Soul, the 4b11 will have more options in the way of tuning... the Evo X is still slated to have the b11.