Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: Tc or GTS?
09 Scion Tc
23.91%
09 Lancer GTS w/ Sun & Sound
76.09%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

09 Tc vs. 09 GTS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a lancer forum, your answers are also biased
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
this is a lancer forum, your answers are also biased
well i hope your not speaking to me, because i have no prejudices or preferences to either one.
I am not a member of the Scion Forums or the SRT forums, just EvoM. Because that is what being biased means. To have a impartial judgements for one vs the next. And i can make a fair comparison for I drive the Scion, CSRT4 and the GTS daily.
I switch out all the time and I can make a comparison based on owning all the cars in question which give me direct exp which is current. And while it's only my opinion while others who are commenting who don't even own one. So my opinion, who actually owns vs ones who are just reading magazines is going to be different and a just a LIL more accurate.

No one else on this 09TC vs 09GTS has the 09 model. And I don't own an 09 GTS. SO i think that balances out well.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

i have the 09 GTS and its great!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:42 PM

hey guys thanks for all the input (even the biased ones)
I test drove both again this weekend and here's what I got:

Scion Tc 5-spd with standard setup (which includes most stuff that would be in the Lancer Sun and Sound Package) for $17,799

Not bad. I like the two moonroofs. IMO the interior is definitely a step above the lancer's in quality. Also i do like that it has the Ipod jack and the 1/4 inch Aux jack. very comfortable ride and feel. Even though it's 2 door the reclining backseats make the back very roomy
OR

09 GTS 5-spd in the NEW Rotor Glow color w/ Sun and Sound package for $18,499 (and i think i could get them to match the Scion's price)

Now, i haven't driven the 5-spd gts cause no one has one on the lot. Rotor glow lancer is coming straight from the factory and will be here at the end of the month. CVT definitely sucks. hate the delay when taking off. the interior is slightly boring compared to TC. but better MPG and 4 doors.

The only other factor is the Tc will keep it's value way better. on my last 04 lancer i got raped on the trade in. and i think the Tc could go either way on being a chic car

So now what do you think, with the options i have?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:11 PM

I guess it really depends on the user. I'm looking to buy my first car soon and did extensive research on both the TC and the GTS. Sounds like the TC is a better car performance wise and the GTS might have some better stuff that comes standard like the still you've mentioned in your first post. To me I want the GTS because of the way it looks. I dont plan on adding turbo or anything to it so the cheaper price for supercharging it doesn't matter as much to me. The main thing I was looking for was a good looking car which I could mod cheaply and that had pretty good gas mileage and also good options which the GTS offers. So IMO go with the lancer.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work at Rhino linings and sell car and truck accessories. We are right next door to Pete Peterson Toyota dogde jeep and crysler. So if there is something over there that they will let me test drive it, I will. I did get to drive a tc, and it was pretty nice. I guess to me I would rather have a 5 speed 09 Lancer. To me it looks better and I had an 03 evo, And I got used to the four doors. a lowered gts looks way better to me than a tc. But I am not saying that I would drive a tc, its just that I like the lancer more.

As far a customer support. Thats the only bad thing about mitsubishi's. You should kinda know this before buying one. To me the cars sell them selfs, unless you can find a good misubishi dealership. But toyota's do have TRD parts. They are a little pricing. But do not put anything else on your car. If it is not TRD, NO WARRANTY! They are very picky, and don't like aftermarket parts with out there name on it.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:41 AM

Yeah the tc is nice, but it would be way more expensive to mod. I can't just supercharge it for 4 grand. i would have to throw in the LSD and some other support mods which would bring the car to around $30K. I'm beginning to lean toward the GTS....
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by James
. If it is not TRD, NO WARRANTY! They are very picky, and don't like aftermarket parts with out there name on it.
This is incorrect, when I modded my tC the dealer actually ordered an Injen intake and installed it for me because I wanted a black intake and the TRD only came in chrome. On several occasions I was able to go to the dealer with aftermarket parts and have them installed and my warranty stayed intact. The only TRD part I had on my car was the exhaust.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:34 PM

tc is definately a chic car. if i were u i would wait for the new ralliart!