Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Should i sell my lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should i sell my lancer?

hey first thing first, i love my lancer but i'm 17 and paying around 400 dollars a month between insurance and car payments. theres nothing else i can do to lower my insurance i've taken drivers ed, i've never gotten in an accident or ever had a speeding ticket.

i would be buying a toyota mr2 Mk1. i would be able to pay it off too..

would love some input
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Follow your heart.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Only you can decide if that's a good move.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:51 AM

yeah.. its just a hard choice haha like i said i love my lancer. but i love having extra money too! i'm starting college next year and will probably need it
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

is your lancer heavily modded? or near stock?

if i had one id honestly go tward something u can afford and pay off but at the same time will be a fun car..like a DSM or something
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:57 AM

Stock all the way. couldn't afford mods hahaha
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled

yeah if your stock i would def chunk it man..and get a car with more potential..i thought about times at trading my new lancer due to the amount of work and money i would have to put into it in order to make it suit my needs for a DD..an evo is the weekend thing that will do it but id like my DD to be fast too..

so imo i say chunk it and grab something u can afford and be happy driving..
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt trade for a used car thats lame!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Dude... sell it. lancer isn't THAT great(don't get me wrong, I love mine, but disappoints me at times haha). Especially if you can't afford it, which is the key thing. I wouldn't get an mr2 though haha. You can get something better. Maybe a cheap used RSX or something.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

hey i kno the feeling man, i turned 18 a couple months back n i bought my 08 es when i was 17 an didnt realize how much of my check it was killing, i had like 50 bucks a month i could use on myself i was doin 450.00 payments between insurance an the car itself. for the longest time it was stock too, i havent done much but i just got a full time job n now i actually have like 800 a month for myself. alot going to mods but imho keep the lancer, tough it out haha. are u payin for college yourself bc then id say just get rid of it an buy somethin more affordable. before i became full time i often thought about sellin my car but i was inlove haha
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:58 AM

Stick with the Lancer. It is not the best looking, nor the fastest car you can get for the price. One thing to keep in mind is you have piece of mind right now. If you plan on going to college, you'll want a car with little problems. Not saying the Lancer won't ever need maintenance. I am saying that the MK1 Mr. Two will though. When I was <21 my car insurance was $3000 a year. I felt your pain. One thing that was great though is I knew the Lancer was in good shape to get me to school, work, and then some. After I turned 21, it cut in half to $1600. I am about to turn 22. I can say I am glad I kept my car and stuck with it. I have treated it right up until this very day and plan to keep it until I am done with school, age 26. BTW, I have a 2001 Lancer. So I am sure my car is also older than yours. Though, I take really good car of it, I just hit 61K in miles the other day. Good Luck!

Billy