Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2008/09 HID question for the lancers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008/09 HID question for the lancers

sorry i'm a noob to this

how do the HIDs work for our lancers..
i hear we need an anti flicker??
what is the purpose of this??

as well if we get HIDs with the anti flicker do you have to cut any wires or anything ..or rewire your DRL to your fogs..i've heard of some people doing that.

one more question...if you get HIDs..is it just like regular lights with the lancer that you just flip the knob on our cars to turn them on and off??

sorry for all the questions..thanks
Old Feb 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

The hid's and anti-flicker are plug and play. You only have to cut wires if u are rewiring to bypass the drl but if u have the AF u don't need to. They work like u're normal lights but if u have the anti-flicker, u're hid's will always be on even in the off position. The purpose of the anti-flicker is to stop the hid's from flickering because of the drl.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're looking for some nice HIDs with a DRL flicker eliminater, give Curt@MrLed a private message, he sells some nice HIDs and he's a cool guy that'll help you with any questions. I Have his HIDs in my car with his eliminator, and it's easy to install. I have a writeup made for the elminiator too so it's very easy to install. I'll post it in the How To section as soon as i get the chance.

basically it's as Brad said, your lights will ALWAYS been on, which isn't a problem at all---you turn your car on, and the lights turn on----you still have to turn the fogs on manually, so really nothing different. The eliminator stops the candles from failing to ignite, and it stops them from strobing when they turn on. That's common with any car with daylight running lights (DRLs)

If you got any questions, i'd say PM Curt, or me, i'd be happy to help ya with anything I can.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Qwest905
sorry i'm a noob to this

how do the HIDs work for our lancers..
i hear we need an anti flicker??
what is the purpose of this??

as well if we get HIDs with the anti flicker do you have to cut any wires or anything ..or rewire your DRL to your fogs..i've heard of some people doing that.

one more question...if you get HIDs..is it just like regular lights with the lancer that you just flip the knob on our cars to turn them on and off??

sorry for all the questions..thanks
there is already a Toronto Lancer Club buy going on for HID + Anti flicker, I have already conducted a review on this kit and run it on my car. unfortunately the are only 6000k colors available.

Cheers
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:51 AM

thanks guys for all the helpful information =)

and thanks evo i saw that ...but i'm looking for 4300k color
Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

wouldnt hooking up ur kit to the battery instead of harness get rid of the flicker?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:47 PM

yes and no---yes because thats sort of how the hid eliminator is hooked up, through the battery and attached to the ballasts---and no, because without the right fuses and resistors (that are in the flicker eliminator), you'll likely burn out your ballasts hooking them straight to the battery
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

what if you had a harness made, and used the new harness instead of the stock harness thats what i meant to say.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:40 AM

well I imagine that could work I assume if the harness is designed for it in such a way that integrates the eliminator into the harness you have made---but to replace the stock harness and modify it in such a way, seems like it may be tedious and very difficult to manage---
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sell kits that have the anti-flicker adapter with them for pretty cheap and have all colors