Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Hoods for the 2010 GTS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoods for the 2010 GTS

Does anyone know if the Evo X hood fits on a 2010 Lancer GTS? If so where can I find one?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
search my friend. the 2008-2010 lancers are the same including the hood

an evo x hood, a ralliart hood , a lancer es de gts hood are all the same

heres an old picture of my car.

car is the same minus the chrome trim.

Last edited by lancer0220; Mar 30, 2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:36 PM

okay cool thanks! =)
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:39 PM

okay cool thanks
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by lancer0220

I didn't think many EVO X parts would fit a Lancer, good to know a hood might!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Or you might just want to spend your money for performance parts. Perhaps a coilovers...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

hood weighs sooo much less than the stock hood, looks 1000x better , theres really not much other than a turbo kit that can put real performance on this car.

you could do intake, pully, header, exhaust better tires/wheels and then get a dynotune (not a mail in tune) from someone like works, this would provide the best performance gain besides a turbo.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:46 PM

cool thanks for the sugestions. I guess I need to learn a bit more about my car.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:15 PM

Hello nice hood
do you have the link for order it ?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Acctually, the fenders are different, bumper is different, headlights are different, the evo x is wider, the engine is more bored(sp?) out, compressions are better, better throttle body, 225/45/17's instead of 215/45/18's, rear diffuser, awd, dual exhuast stock, not to mention they get better welds for the frame and supports, better suspension, and oh yah 124 more horses out of the box and 121 more torque out of the box....sorry to be a buzz killer.... Thats a nice hood though. I own a lancer and I know for a fact a lancer CAN NEVER BE a Evo X...**UNLESS you have thousands of dollars to drop into the car and change to awd, better brake systems, supports, rebore the engine, better cam's and better gearing ratio...which everyone knows, its cheeper to just buy a Evo than do all that. Sorry to go off topic though, just don't want people to think Evo's are close to our car. I need to buy a evo hood sometime though...just make sure if you run this hood to have your engine cover on or the wear will start to show in places you dont want it to.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Jan 16, 2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 01:47 PM

Here is my GTS with a Siebon Carbon Hood and it fit just fine
Old Jan 16, 2011, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
Acctually, the fenders are different, bumper is different, headlights are different, the evo x is wider, the engine is more bored(sp?) out, compressions are better, better throttle body, 225/45/17's instead of 215/45/18's, rear diffuser, awd, dual exhuast stock, not to mention they get better welds for the frame and supports, better suspension, and oh yah 124 more horses out of the box and 121 more torque out of the box....sorry to be a buzz killer.... Thats a nice hood though. I own a lancer and I know for a fact a lancer CAN NEVER BE a Evo X...**UNLESS you have thousands of dollars to drop into the car and change to awd, better brake systems, supports, rebore the engine, better cam's and better gearing ratio...which everyone knows, its cheeper to just buy a Evo than do all that. Sorry to go off topic though, just don't want people to think Evo's are close to our car. I need to buy a evo hood sometime though...just make sure if you run this hood to have your engine cover on or the wear will start to show in places you dont want it to.
i dont think the guy was saying the evo was the same as the lancer, he said all the lancers meaning base lancers are the same, which is pretty much true other than the few differences and changes with the 2.4L. i think you kinda took it out of context, if that were the case there would be no reason to buy an evo lol, i wuold hope every lancer owner or car enthusiast know at least the obvious differences.

as far as the evo everything on the exterior of ALL the lancers are interchangeable. the evo x bumper will bolt right up to the lancer, it would just look stupid for not having the fenders. headlights are also the same on all models, just different housing depending on which model you get.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:06 PM

Do you have the link for the hood ?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
wow way to come and resurrect this thread and try to crap all over my post. you took what i said WAY out of context.

Also your wrong, the headlights are the same as I am NOW running evo x oem hid headlights.

yea im not an idiot i know the difference between a lancer gts and an evo x , lol are you serious ? do you not see how long I have been a member of this forum ???

Alot of the parts between the evo and the lancer are interchangeable including the entire interior (i have oem evo x seats (front and rear)),

dadsgts (another member) has already proven that the evo x turbo kit works just fine on the lancer,

following what dynocenter in PR did he proved that the evo x cams work fine (4b11 to 4b11 not necessarily to 4b12) in the lancer.

also the evo does not come with 225 45 17s...comes with something like 235-245 40 18 something along those lines. ...
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

wow way to come and resurrect this thread and try to crap all over my post. you took what i said WAY out of context.

Also your wrong, the headlights are the same as I am NOW running evo x oem hid headlights.

yea im not an idiot i know the difference between a lancer gts and an evo x , lol are you serious ? do you not see how long I have been a member of this forum ???

Alot of the parts between the evo and the lancer are interchangeable including the entire interior (i have oem evo x seats (front and rear)),

dadsgts (another member) has already proven that the evo x turbo kit works just fine on the lancer,

following what dynocenter in PR did he proved that the evo x cams work fine (4b11 to 4b11 not necessarily to 4b12) in the lancer.

also the evo does not come with 225 45 17s...comes with something like 235-245 40 18 something along those lines. ...

Ah I posted on jan 16th, someone posted on jan 15th....I didnt necropost. Also look into engine work and suspension work on the evo x and gts and get back to me. I was stating performance is way different than a STOCK AVERAGE GTS. And if you want to take my paragraph out of context, then whatever.

Quick Reply: Hoods for the 2010 GTS