Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: Should I go for it?
dude, go for it! you\'ll get what you want this way
95.45%
dude... i wouldn\'t **** around if I was you... o_O
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

oz-e's big accident insurance thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry the unthinkable happened...

it's a sad day today...
This morning, on my way back home from Upstate New York, I got into a car accident which pretty much ****ed up my:
- Power Steering
- Front / right of the lip
- Hood
- Heating / AC
- Windshield whipers / fluid
and a few other things that we're still lookin at.

I had gone up to upstate to drop off my cousin at his army base (fort drum) which is about 10 miles away from canada (fun ride i love doing it sometimes lol) and well, we were headed back home in the morning, we were doing damn good time, then BOOM!!! snow storm decided to start and well... let's just say that the distance between me and my keyboard is just about the same distance i could see infront of me, WITH the highbeams; so being that I like being the careful driver (even tho i'm a speed freak) and i had 3 others in my car, i down shifted so i'd have more control of the tires and kept it at 40 mph.

i was doing good for a while, i was still doing good time surprizingly enough, so while the snow picked up some more and making my drive a hell on wheels, A DEER decides to jump across the highway, so I try to steer away (did by the way) but then the patch of ice that i didn't see on the road caught me and made me spin in a 540 and made me hit the guard rail... everyone in my car got whiplash, nothing major tho... just really stiff, and ****ed up my right arm to a point.

The fact that I care too damn much about the passangers in my car, the whole car being ****ed up thought didn't hit me till about 2 hrs ago, I almost cried... I love that damn car too damn much, it's my outlet for when i'm feeling like **** and what not... now i don't even have that n e more.

Well, full insurance, meaning I GETZ TO REBUILD MAH TOY! getting an estimate from this place that i go to tomorrow... if it's enough cash after all the fixing's done (before the actual cosmetic body work has to be done), i can hopefully buy me the evo7 conversion kit that i've wanted for the longest... this my friends is the only UPSIDE to my whole day... either than that, i'm in TOTAL PAIN!

now, i may not even make it for sunday's meet... which blows...
but i'll try to be there, I SWEAR!
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

body kits are actually cheaper than the actual oem body kits. i heard the front bumper alone is like 600. just be sure to get a good paint job and a good body shop. a lot of them do half *** jobs and it shows. but yea i think that would be fun to rebuild my car
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, so i'm deffinately looking at this on the brighter side... god my right arm hurts...
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:41 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

damn i'm sorry bro. glad to hear everyone is safe though . dont worry about the car, it can be fixed. take care.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure stock front bumer is 275 unpainted OZ, ES same price
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

ok i thought 600 was too much
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys
but i'm actually gonna be looking into it, calling mitsu on moday, hell i haven't even called work yet to let them know WHY i wasn't at work all day...
but the police report would be enough
now too look at some DEALS for a new kit... ne suggestions? i mean i want the evo7, but still... i'm open to suggestions
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:02 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

too bad you dont live near by... i've got a stock oz front bumper and hood off of my car i need to get rid of.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

how much?
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:07 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

pm me and we can talk if your interested bro.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

dont only import trendz and accolade make the VII kit. with import one you have to take off the front bar and then accolade which could have fitment problems
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

hehe i know about the two
believe me i do... L knows i admire his, except the fact that i have to take the safety bar... which is stoping me from getting it from them..

and accolade with the fitmen issues is still the thing that's stopping me from getting it from them...

a long time ago i was thinking... KAMINARI!!! but i don't know n e more... c'mon guys, WHAT SHOULD I GO FOR?!
N E ONE OF THEM I DON'T CARE!!! LOL just want it to look good
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

heh, some stupid soccer mom rear ended me 2 weeks after i got my car in oct. 2001...was one of the first bought lancers in my area...got an estimation for the rear bumper after painting...over $800. what sucked was that at the time there was really nothing out for the lancers, so i didn't have much choice but to let the insurance handle the oem rear bumper they were gunna order from the factory...
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

import trenz is fabricating a new evo VII kit that'll fit around our reinforcement bars...and in my opinion it looks bette rthan the first kit they made...I forgot where the thread is but search around for it...
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that's lucky that no one else was hurt or anything else was hit. Sorry about your car, but I think I speak for us all when I say, I'm glad there were no major injuries.
~Stephen