Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

My Lancer Is Messed Up !!!omg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All in all doesnt look that bad to me. Pay your deductible, have the insurance company cut you a check...and get a new body kit.
Did you take it to the insurance Co. for an estimate? Can I ask how much they are going to give yo for the repair job?
In my opinion you may need a new driver side fender, Hood, bumper, lamp, and housing unit.
Do you stil have the OZ bumper?
Old Jan 29, 2004, 11:19 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

WOW ......... i'm speechless. honestly though, it doesnt look THAT bad. i've seen plenty worse at my buddy's bodyshop. he fixed a jeep that crashed, and caught on fire. well point being that it looks brand spankin new! don't worry about it. just find out if insurance is going to cover it and see what they suggest.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah insurance is gonna cover it all and i have to pay the $500s. The funny thing is i have a new bumper in my basement same exact one primed and ready. The frame work is the worst part. The carbon fiber hood held up GREAT carbon fiber is very strong. The fender bent but the carbon fiber just got all sraped. I was thinking of getting the EVO conversion with the caron fiber hood. Or should i just keep this body kit since no one has it? Also i dont think they will give me money for the car itself and let me buy a new one because my car now is still drive able. THE LANCER IS A BEAST!My question is how do i tell them i dont want a car with a bent frame? or am i just stuck with it.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm... thats weird, i know with my insurance company that if i bent the frame of my car they would simply scrap it and buy me a new one. I've heard all kinds of stories about bent frames and repairs / driveability issues. Best of luck! You need to get some metal studded tires for that ice, like me!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

damn, sux man, is ins gonna pay for the turbo too? donno how that works w/ins
Old Jan 29, 2004, 02:20 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by NITROHEAD
Yeah insurance is gonna cover it all and i have to pay the $500s. The funny thing is i have a new bumper in my basement same exact one primed and ready. The frame work is the worst part. The carbon fiber hood held up GREAT carbon fiber is very strong. The fender bent but the carbon fiber just got all sraped. I was thinking of getting the EVO conversion with the caron fiber hood. Or should i just keep this body kit since no one has it? Also i dont think they will give me money for the car itself and let me buy a new one because my car now is still drive able. THE LANCER IS A BEAST!My question is how do i tell them i dont want a car with a bent frame? or am i just stuck with it.
keep the kit. like you said, your basically the only one so far with it. PLUS you have a turbo kit now, so it'll fill up the bottom hole nicely. as for the bent frame. they "should" be able to fix it. no worries. the only bad that can come out of it, is if you try to sell it and someone notices it has been fixed. thats even IF you decide to sell it in the future. either way keep it.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

That "frame bend" as you are calling it is nothing. Get somebody to straighten it, and then weld in a top and bottom plate of 1/4 or 3/16" steel on to it and that will reinforce it enough that you'll be stiffer if anything. Body shops can get it all straightened out to a point where you'd never know the diff. Just stay with what you got, get stuff straightened out, and don't look back .
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

MORE PICS .... thanks for the feedback guys.... Im gonna get it fixed and turbo install soon...
http://www.dabadge.com/lancer.html
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:01 PM

sorry about the crash man. But I think that your cost of repair is going to outweigh price of new ride. I'd strip her down and say goodbye.:thumbsdown: