Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2013 Lancer aftermarket rear bumper suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Lancer aftermarket rear bumper suggestions

Hi,

Firstly I just want to introduce myself quickly, as this is my first thread at these forums. My name is Tanner and I bought my first Lancer this summer. I just sold my 2005 WRX and now that the Subaru is gone I am itching to get involved into the new-for-me Mitsubishi world.

I like a nice, clean and OEM feel to my cars and I am not looking to make any outrageous mods to it, cosmetic or otherwise. Other than a couple minor cosmetic mods, I have kept the car 100% stock until now. However...

Somebody backed into my car this afternoon, and I need to replace the rear bumper along with the rear driver's side fender and the rear driver's side tail light. Coincidentally, I had been eyeing a few replacement bumpers and specifically I would really like something subtle but that can accommodate a tasteful dual exhaust system in the future. I thought I would come to a forum now and ask for suggestions on an aftermarket rear bumper replacement since I am now being forced to replace. So, is there anybody who can suggest a tasteful rear bumper replacement for my car? If I can suggest a requirement, other than something able to accommodate dual exhaust, I would ask for suggestions in the same ballpark price-wise as the OEM SE bumper. I have considered the EVO rear bumper as an option and I love the way it looks.

So, does anybody have a suggestion? Pictures would help, or I can google it to pull up my own examples if need be.

Thanks very much.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

I would install the ralliArt one
Old Feb 5, 2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by GTS08
I would install the ralliArt one
If you do go with the ralliart one , keep in mind you will need to have your exhaust tip angled/modified ,
if I recall the Evox is wider and will also need different clips ,

but it looks so nice
this is mine My bumper was smashed up and they quoted it the same and I requested from the bodyshop I took mine to did a few request I asked for at the time if I brought it there ,

Also the ralliart one where the plate mounts from your stock current one seems done in a much better way then the RA bumper does ,
they self taped screws in the plastic , the oem stock on has holes and metal braket witch will never strip ,

Last edited by splizaat; Feb 5, 2014 at 03:43 PM.