Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

sick and tired of comparing lancer to EVO *please read*

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sick and tired of comparing lancer to EVO *please read*

to the mods, i dont know where this post belongs, but i think it should be seen by both lancer AND evo owners, so i guess it will be moved to off topic

I am sick and tired of these guys who own evos comparing them to lancers. I do not understand why they do it. Everytime someone posts up something in relation to the car or turbocharging it they say why waste the time and money. They completely put down the lancer community. I completely understand that this is not all evo owners, but on the whole, these people who are condescending ARE in fact evo owners.

It has gotten so bad now that I am seriously contemplating selling my turboed lancer and moving on to a nother car in about a year. The lancer community is great but a lot of evo owners just have no respect for us because of our cars lack of potential versus theirs.

I am not trying to talk **** and I am not trying to say one is better than the other. I will admit one thing.. the evo will always be able to put more power to the ground. Thats a fact. But why does that mean that lancers are not worth the time.

Now I know whateveryone is thinking, don't let it get to you, just ignore them. But its not that easy. And I KNOW that there are a TON of lancers who have to agree with me. It all depends on how deep you go into the tuning field. We'renot out to have the fastest car or even street race at all. It is a hobby and something you take pride in when you have accomplished something that only few are able to do with a car. If you don't think its worht it or have somethign negative to say, please do so in a kindly manner. There is no need to completely put down a person's time and effort. By telling someone, "why not just have bought an evo?" What purpose are you trying to say. What useful feedback are you doing.

I am sorry if I offend any evo owners because I have met a lot of really cool guys who have evos. But people on the forums think its just the internet so say whatever comes to mind. If you think your better than lancers, your right, we know that, we know our cars arent as fast and probly won't beat you.

I'm just sick of the evo community and it has turned off my taste to evos forever. I no longer am interested in owning an evo. I do not want to be part of that mindset. I just hope that people will back me up with this.

Thank you for reading.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

it's a great feeling when someone aside yourself feels exactly the same way...

oh and to those who say..."WE DON'T DO THAT!"...
do you guys want me to go around and get some quotes from you guys?
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

yea forget it, i can go post after post of an evo owner putting down a lancer, it happens every day
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

i got ur back family.... BUT pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese dont sell ur lancer!!! (u can sell me ur turbo though! lol) the lancer is a kick *** whip! compared to cars n our class.. evo is not in our class .. i dunno why they pick on us.. we're all under the mitsubishi family... mann just tell the haters to eat a d111ck and keep modding ur bad *** lancer!!!

"tha Kid"
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:55 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

So, you will base your next car purchase on what others think of your ride? Ermm..... Why do you care? The STi owners rag on the Evo owners as well as the SRT4 owners and G35 owners. Who cares dude? Seriously, don't let it get to you. I own both an ES and an Evo and I've probably said equally bad things against both .
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

it has nothing to do with what people think about my car, it has to do with the mindset that a lot of evo owners take against others, they cant jsut say , wow, good job, you really did a good job wiht the car
Old Mar 17, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i love how i posted my dyno and all i got was ****ted on. well i think 193 whp in a regular lancer is pretty ****in good, but I guess it is no "evo", which by the way I knew going into this. By the time I am done all I want is 220 whp and with some more boost and exhaust I will be there. My ultimate goal is to suprise some SRT-4's and nothing else.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

ufo, see... you (unlike most of the members in here) can easily say bad things about each one...

i can say so much **** that's wrong with the lancer, why? cuz i own one, but i can also tell all of you what's wrong with an evo N E DAY

but i love my car.... i'd never get rid of it, unless it's ****ing totalled.... :: waits for an evo owner to kill oz's lancer ::
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

You just can't help it. Alot of people are close minded. they think the Evo is a totally different car. They are thinking like......it's a Mitsubishi Evo. No not really. It is a....Mitsubishi LANCER Evolution VIII.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:02 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TURBOit
it has nothing to do with what people think about my car, it has to do with the mindset that a lot of evo owners take against others, they cant jsut say , wow, good job, you really did a good job wiht the car
Again, what does it matter? I don't know about you but I do things for myself and couldn't give 2 ****s what anyone else thinks. Screw them, it's your car and you drive it everyday. Only you know how much sweat & blood has gone into making it what it is so it's only natural there will be others who don't understand. Just be proud of your car and enjoy the **** out of it because that's what it's all about really.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Guru_Del
yeah i love how i posted my dyno and all i got was ****ted on. well i think 193 whp in a regular lancer is pretty ****in good, but I guess it is no "evo", which by the way I knew going into this. By the time I am done all I want is 220 whp and with some more boost and exhaust I will be there. My ultimate goal is to suprise some SRT-4's and nothing else.
that was one of my fav posts of all time guru... your car's one of the reasons why i wanna work on my car like i do

boba = kit
guru = goal of speed
turboit = taste of speed

and there's so many other members out there that make me want to work on my car....

oh and yes, a bunch of you evo owners make me want to work on my car as well... just to shut your faces and show you what time and hard work can make...
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

some might also think i am making a bgi deal about this, it says im a member since sep 2003, but i was a member way before that, i just changed names, ive owned my lancer since sep of 2002, and before the evo came a long things were very good, EVER since evo came to the states, ive been hearing a lot of thigns for the past year and a half, especially being a FI lancer, i hear a lot, and i see a lot, and i take it personally even if it isnt my car... like vince's (guru_del), he has the same setup i do, so when someone bad mouths him, their bad mouthing me, ANY turbo lancer for that matter
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

This EVO owner likes Lancers
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UFO

Again, what does it matter? I don't know about you but I do things for myself and couldn't give 2 ****s what anyone else thinks. Screw them, it's your car and you drive it everyday. Only you know how much sweat & blood has gone into making it what it is so it's only natural there will be others who don't understand. Just be proud of your car and enjoy the **** out of it because that's what it's all about really.
[/QUOTE

i understand where you come from, hence the reason i have FI my car, i am living proof to **** the norm... BUT like i said, when somone bad mouths any turbo lancer, their bad mouthing me, now when I do not say a single bad thing about the evo car, and someoen says somethign about turboed lancer setups, i have a RIGHT to speak up and defend myself, you can't let people walk over you, you need to speak up, and the reasons in this post are not the ONLY reasons for me not wanting an evo, personally, i just think that there are better cars than the evo for speed that is, tru fast cars are RWD, but i am not looking for an ultra performance car anymore]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that... And I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about the Lancer as you've mentioned. Pride is an ugly thing. I respect your enthusiasm for the Lancer. I just hope you'll find more people who'll feel the same, for any car you'll work in the future.

Quick Reply: sick and tired of comparing lancer to EVO *please read*