Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Carwash Mutilation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carwash Mutilation

......Caution....Don't go to car washes at the gas station....I went to one of those shell gas station washes and they have a track to where you drive into put your two left tires in so that the car wash can move your car along without out you having to drive through....well....i did everything carfully and correctly and the track completely destroyed my Enkei rims...i hat e carwashes anyway...i never do them with my car because its bad for the paint and puts scratches in the hood....but i decided to try andway and now my rims have chunks taken out of them..i got some numbers and now im faxing them all my info for repair...i dont think they are going to repair or pay for anything because i went back today and read the sign "no aftermarket parts" "we are not responsible for any damage"....so i think im screwed......do you all no of any way to repair rims...i have Gun Metal 9 spoke Enkei...whats the best way for repair?....how much does it cost....of there are any suggestions...please let me know....im never going to go to a gas station car wash again....Shell gas stations are no good....anyone want to make a 100 bucks???:::evil grin:::: ::::gets lighter from back pocket:::
Old Mar 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmmm a hundred bucks ehhhh
Old Mar 21, 2004, 12:50 PM

Anyone know the best way to fix the rims...is there anywhere i can take it?...or should i just get some matching spray paint..heh
Old Mar 21, 2004, 01:24 PM

No Ideas?
Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think u can just fix them? the only thing i can think of is just getting new ones- which kind of sucks

hope everything works out dude.

ps - was the sign up before you took your car into the wash or did they put it up after this happened to your car, and as a result they put the sign up?

Also - thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard "we are not responsible for damange" its like asking them not to get business.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

you'll find shops that repair them. here in australia its about $150aud per wheel depending on how damaged it is (thats about $100usd)
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:47 PM

A 100 bucks a wheel?.....=''((
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

They put the sign after you damaged your car on it. If you call their corporate office and complain to them then youll be able to get something out of it always ask for a manager or someone higher if you cant get what you want. Ask for compensation for the damage even if its gas. It better be enough gas that equals the damaged repair price. I mean you need gas anyways for your car. I use a shell gas station car wash in the winter nothing happens to my car. make sure you use touchless washes that way there arent any scratches.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yep i found out that same way! It chipped the out side of my rims! I WAS SOOOO PISSED!!! now i know and its alittle to late!
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:55 PM

Yeah im a tad hot and pissed...it seems like hte more i try to fix up my car nice the more it gets torn apart....not to mention i was very nice and patient with them but they were such *******s to me for no reason...VOTE YES TO PUBLIC HANGINGS!!!
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:57 PM

And one other thing I have been on this site for awhile now...when is this newbie thing going to go away....no one answers my posting because of this....either that or none of my postings are interesting. heh
Old Mar 21, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by madcellman
And one other thing I have been on this site for awhile now...when is this newbie thing going to go away....no one answers my posting because of this....either that or none of my postings are interesting. heh
You're only a few post away
Old Mar 21, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by madcellman

You lose the newbie title once you have 50 On Topic posts. You now have 38 on topic posts. The best way to get up you rnumbers is to put in your point of view in any forum other than Off Topic.

People don't answer the posts because they don't care, they don't answer the posts because they don't have an answer.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

I can and have fixed rims. Gunmetal will make it hard though. The only hard part in doing rims is finding a paint that matches ok.

Do a search on wheel repair on google and you'll find the "NASA guid to home wheel repair" which is very good. I also wrote one up somewhere in suspension tech as well. So poke around. It's really not hard and the materials will cost you about 20 bucks.

Later.

Steve
Old Mar 22, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

that's awesome advice... i've had my rims fixed up by a shop before and it was $60 a wheel (if that's the route you wanna go, you'll find shops that'll do it... ask around your local mechanics). do it yourself for $20? man, i'm in. someone should stick that wheel repair guide in the "installation/how to" forum. great stuff.

Quick Reply: Carwash Mutilation