Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Intake off e-bay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
then go ahead. gago
Old Aug 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerpinoy
ive personally sent a message to 4 random guys that bought the intake off EBAY.. all of them responded within a few days and said that the intake work perfectly fine, and sound great.. so i donno where all the hate is coming from? and if you look at the buyer feedback item .. not one negative comment on the intake..

now im not saying RRM is a bad intake for the 08 lancer.. ive read on the forums, and from what everyone says they are a good product.. all im saying is, it sounds like the ebay copy-cat is making a decent product as well..
Again, I would rather support Rob and the RRM team who actually uses the money to develope more products for our cars than some rip-off conartist.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 02:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerpinoy
now im not saying RRM is a bad intake for the 08 lancer.. ive read on the forums, and from what everyone says they are a good product.. all im saying is, it sounds like the ebay copy-cat is making a decent product as well..
You're missing the point.

Of course RRM makes a good intake for the 2008. The scumbag you want to buy from copied it exactly. It's not a "decent product as well." It's a cheap knock-off made by a scam artist with no ethics or morals. A thief.

If you want to shop from that guy, have fun. I refuse to give my money to scumbags like that.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 06:33 PM
5th

I would rather support the company that is working with the lancer instead of saving a few bucks
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:16 AM
CUE

I bought a color matched one off ebay for my 2008 Lancer ES and it works fine. Drastic improvement in power.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
You're missing the point.

Of course RRM makes a good intake for the 2008. The scumbag you want to buy from copied it exactly. It's not a "decent product as well." It's a cheap knock-off made by a scam artist with no ethics or morals. A thief.

If you want to shop from that guy, have fun. I refuse to give my money to scumbags like that.

BINGO!! I'm glad someone feels the same way as I do. I would rather that $15 extra bucks I'm sending RRM to go towards actuall R&D of new products, not someones pocket.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow...i didnt bother to open this thread till now.

i must say this is prolly the most interesting intake thread i read.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Tell the ebay guy not to worry about it. Some people don't like competition and most people automatically down ebay sales just because it's ebay. When you don't have much room for variations in designs for a product, they are all going to look the same.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

+1^. How do you expect the intake to look. almost any sri is going to look like rrm. It is the only logical way to make it. It is just that rrm made their intake first, so everyone assumes that the ebay guy is a thief. I don't know if he is or isn't, but all of the accusers are saying he stole the design, when you have no idea whether or not he did.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Rambling post from mguyott3 deleted. Cliff's Notes below:

- Problems with me can be addressed in a PM.

- Advertising for parts is still considered selling parts on EvoM, which is how the mguyott3 account got in trouble in the first place. If you would like to advertise your products, sign up for a vendor account, like I already told mguyott3 to do.

- mguyott3 now refuses to use his account, but has allowed a friend to use it.

- mguyott3 would like everyone to know that he's not a scam artist.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 09:05 AM
Account Disabled

Rambling post from mguyott3 deleted. Cliff's Notes below:

- Problems with me can be addressed in a PM.

- Advertising for parts is still considered selling parts on EvoM, which is how the mguyott3 account got in trouble in the first place. If you would like to advertise your products, sign up for a vendor account, like I already told mguyott3 to do.

- mguyott3 now refuses to use his account, but has allowed a friend to use it.

- mguyott3 would like everyone to know that he's not a scam artist.
I'm Sorry bro but you are freaking rediculous sometimes, why the hell delete that guys post, its a post let it stay a post, Your not god bro, its just a forum you have to freaking relax.

anyways

I support RRM but if their is a cheaper same product out their y the hell would i pay more. Thats my opinion. This other guy spends his valuable time making a part for us as well for cheaper, y the hell complain thats ridiculous.
So your saying if K&N SRI looks identical to RRM its rippin them off, come on give me a brake. Its buisness and people want to make a living. I give props and respect to any one who is trying to help this community in anyway. So thanks to RRM and to that dude on ebay .
Old Oct 18, 2007, 09:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
I'm Sorry bro but you are freaking rediculous sometimes, why the hell delete that guys post, its a post let it stay a post, Your not god bro, its just a forum you have to freaking relax.
PM sent. Which is what YOU should have done.

Let's get back on-topic, folks.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:57 AM

PM sent. Which is what YOU should have done.

Let's get back on-topic, folks.
we were on topic until you erased the most important post in the thread becuase it made you look like the idiot... looks like the people are turning on you not "the ebay guy"... say what you want but this is a FORUM for people to talk about products on, like they say YOUR NOT GOD... you can erase post because you are the wrong one.. whatever... now back ontopic about "the ebay intake" as this thread is call........
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

The eBay guy bought a RRM intake and used it to make his own copy for profit. So yes, I consider that as fake.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

How do you know this, aside from the fact that the 2 intakes are the same in looks?

Quick Reply: Intake off e-bay?