Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Spotty Windshield

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spotty Windshield

This has been goin on for a while, and I think I'm finally tired enough of it to try to fix it. Every time its humid out and dew collects on the windshield in the morning, it looks like the windshield has spots in it all over the place. When i flick on the wipers, it seems to just smear the spots but they don't go away. Giving my car a normal wash hasn't fixed this, and I have tried using a glass cleaner, but that doesn't seem to work.

Has neone else experienced this or know how to get rid of the spots?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

I think someone else just barely posted a thread similar to this. One common suggestion was to used 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water mixture and then wiping it off with newspaper.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

this was happening on my friends bmw but i think it was due to the fact that he had never changed the wipers on his car lol have u tried changing the wipers? i heard from someone that you should change your wipers every 6,000 miles
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, the wipers have been changed once already, and i have tried cleaning them with alcohol, but it didnt seem to make a huge difference. I might have my dad get me some industrial strength glass cleaner, see if that does nething.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=364667
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

I started a thread in the evo section about this awhile back. And people told me to used some crazy things on them, but I never got around to do so. This is a simple thing to fix. All you gotta do is get a some water and mix it with car wash soap ( I used turtle wax car wash soap). Take your windshield cleaner utility and dip it into the bucket of mixed water and soap and just clean your windshield until it's clean. I have this same problem everytime I didn't wash my car for atleas a month 1/2. If this doesn't fix I don't know what kinda spots you have. I'm sure it's those spots that makes the on coming car headlights looks really glare up and stretchy. Makes it hard to see the road. hope this help
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure what it is, when the windshield is dry u can't see them, even with oncoming head lights. The only thing i can think of is that the soap i use has one of those semi wax ingredients in it, so when i rinse it off it may be spotting up....Next time I wash my car I'll try cleaning it with something else and see if that does anything.