Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Sound/Audio System Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound/Audio System Upgrade Question

I have the sound and tech package.

650-watt Rockford Fosgate® performance audio system with 6CD/MP3-compatible head unit and nine speakers, including a 10-inch trunk-mounted subwoofer

I didn't even know we had nine speakers. I know theres 4 in the front, and two in the back. where are the other 3?

Compared to "real" pro sound systems, I believe this is crap right?

Well anyways, I had a few questions:

1. I am planning to get tweeters. What is the average watts for tweeters? Where can I get these? What are considered "good"? I'm planning to get something in any auto store like Pep Boys or Murrays.

2. As for our amplifier, Rockford is installed on the bottom of the driver seat, is there any way for me to take it out? Is there any mods I can make on this amplifier to make sound performance better? And also, is the 650 watt pertaining to this amplifier? What is the average watts for a "decent" amplifier?

3. I have seen people "sound deadening" their cars. What exactly is this and how does this help?

sorry if you guys have to write an essay for me, but i hope there is someone truly motivated by audio systems to answer these questions for me! thanks guys.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:01 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=294454

Other than that, I really can't be of much help.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ashun22panda
1. I am planning to get tweeters. What is the average watts for tweeters? Where can I get these? What are considered "good"? I'm planning to get something in any auto store like Pep Boys or Murrays.

2. As for our amplifier, Rockford is installed on the bottom of the driver seat, is there any way for me to take it out? Is there any mods I can make on this amplifier to make sound performance better? And also, is the 650 watt pertaining to this amplifier? What is the average watts for a "decent" amplifier?

3. I have seen people "sound deadening" their cars. What exactly is this and how does this help?
If you are going to get tweeters, i suggest just buying a whole component set, which includes a new midbass driver and tweeter. it will give you amazing sound quality. Also, dont buy speakers from an auto parts store...buy them from a car audio store. T.M.A. make great speakers, 6.5", that handle 120 watts RMS, so if you wanted to amp them, it would sound insane! They also make coaxials with 100 watts RMS that you can use for the rear.

I cant really tell you the "Average watts" of a good amplifier, it all depends on what speakers and such you have already. you can take out the amplifier, but I think then you would need to rewire the whole audio system, seeing as everything is linked through that RF amp unit.

sound deadening keeps the sound inside your car, and makes the car rattle less, thus producing more clear sounds, and louder. also, people outside the car wont hear you!

hope this helps
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks a bunch bro! As for sound deadening, can you recommend me a brand of sound deadening material? any How to:'s?