Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Cold Air Intake Water Shield

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold Air Intake Water Shield

I just recently bought an AEM Intake and I am concerned (or paranoid) about water logging the filter. I live in Michigan and I would like to run with this thing all year long. SO... I've decided to create a shield that would protect it from water/snow coming up from the road. However, I am also concerned with it coming in through the front grill. Has anyone tried this or would like to collaborate w/ me on it? I am CAD designer and think I can handle some of the design issues, but some input would be nice. Also, if anyone knows of any fab/powder coating shops in SE Michigan please let me know. Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:31 AM

i can't answer your question but i think you can buy a shield. i haven't really gotten around to looking for one but i need one too. I'm worried about driving in the rain and gettin it too wet, the last owner cut hols in the splash shield for more air but it was stupid and the CAI filter rusted, good luck and let me know what you come up with.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I say you should have a SRI for the winter since the snow and salt will destroy your filter.