Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Just installed rims/tires, struts, springs, end-link bushings...question.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed rims/tires, struts, springs, end-link bushings...question.

Ok, so this past weekend I installed Tein S-Tech springs, KYB GR-2 struts, new end link bushings, and new rims and tires (205/45 -17's). Would have liked a little more drop, but it'll do, and I haven't had a chance for a really good road test, but I've already noticed a huge improvement in cornering.

Anyway, a couple questions:

I noticed an intermitten clunk sound coming from the back. Usually only over small bumps or when I'm just starting to move after coming to a stop. Doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to notice. I haven't noticed it at higher speeds. Checked under the car and all connecting point for the struts, everything seems to be tight. So I searched this forum for about an hour trying to filter throug all of the suspension related posts and couldn't find any answers. I was wondering if this could just be the car settling into all the new hardware, but I don't know if that even makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Also, during my search of this forum I found a thread that was talking about the top mounts needing to be reinstalled in the same position they were removed from (same bolts going through same mounting holes). But the post didn't specify what type of car this was for. Anyway, I did all the work myself but this was my first time doing any suspension stuff so I didn't know this and thus don't know if I reinstalled the same bolts through thier respective original holes. Does this aply to 2002 OZ's? Is there anyway to tell if I screwed this up?

Thanks in advance for the help.