Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

electronic fuel door

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electronic fuel door

i live in NJ and all gas stations are full service and it is very annoying to reach down and pull the fuel door latch... i often find myself opening the trunk...

i am wondering is there a way i open the fuel door with a switch. by hooking up a motor or something.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Ummm...I can't see having an electrical system near a large source of gasoline being a good idea.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:53 PM

I have the same problem with opening the trunk. Although i live in NC and i do the service myself. That would be pretty tight to have an electronic fuel door.
Also make a button on the key to pop the hood lol
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

it's actually quite easy to do... Just find a solenoid, find the gas door cable, cut it (or simply unhook it from the lil tab) and attach the solenoid to the cable. Voila, instant electric fuel door opener with absolutely no electric parts near the gas door!

This can give you a rough idea on how to do it: http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54...solenoids.html
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:09 PM

this has to be the most ridiculous thread ever.... i usually dont' comment on the forums but WTH are you that lazy dude??? please and even if it was self service you will still have to bend over and pull that lil tab to open the door.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by NJ08LancerGTS
this has to be the most ridiculous thread ever.... i usually dont' comment on the forums but WTH are you that lazy dude??? please and even if it was self service you will still have to bend over and pull that lil tab to open the door.

how very interesting. yeah dude i must just be lazy.... im so lazy that i dont want to have to step and close the trunk every time i accidentily pull the trunk tab...

and by the way if NJ had self service and i pulled the trunk by mistake there would be no problem, because i would have to pump the gas anyways.....
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Answer_1
it's actually quite easy to do... Just find a solenoid, find the gas door cable, cut it (or simply unhook it from the lil tab) and attach the solenoid to the cable. Voila, instant electric fuel door opener with absolutely no electric parts near the gas door!

This can give you a rough idea on how to do it: http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54...solenoids.html

cool... thanks for the help...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol dude we all pull the wrong handle its not that serious
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Can always just learn to pull the right one.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Are you serious? Pulling a little lever is too difficult for you? OMG what a job it is.

Take your fuel door off if it's that much of a problem for you. Take your doors off your car too, because that's even more of a chore, you actually have to pull out on the handle and then the door.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Funny thread. Just pull the lever closest to your seat. It's not that difficult.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:21 PM

how much do you weigh??? im just curious
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by jrohner
Are you serious? Pulling a little lever is too difficult for you? OMG what a job it is.

Take your fuel door off if it's that much of a problem for you. Take your doors off your car too, because that's even more of a chore, you actually have to pull out on the handle and then the door.
damn im getting chewed up here....
ask a "how to" question and im now labeled lazy and stupid.....
jeese...
pulling the right lever is not really the problem, its when i accidentily pull the trunk lever. AGAIN living in NJ where ALL gas stations are full service ONLY.... i have to step out, jump over the gas hose close the trunk and then get back in the car....

its not like this happens every day, the once in a while is what is annoying.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

idk, i kinda agree. a little autoclose feature on the trunk would be kinda nice. that way i786533 wouldnt have to get out, and i could get my brothers to stop slamming the damn trunk....
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

I just don't see how anyone would want to even start spending money on something like this, when the easy fix is just to pull the right lever the next time around.

You even say it happens once in a while. Evidently it happens enough for you to even think of doing something like this. But it's up to you. Good luck.

Quick Reply: electronic fuel door