Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

how to - body kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its kinda hitting the crash bar, i did manage to get the crash bumper to fit, but seem like i was short on 1 side,, im waitin on my boy to come help me so i can take pics,, kinda hadr puttin it on n takin pics yourself ya know lol

YEA THAT DOES SUCK MAN, I CUD USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET LOL
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah fitment is a ***** Ive had trouble with all my aftermarket body kits but they look good once they're on.

But you wouldn't have fitment problems if I could have sold toy mine cause it's all pre drilled but yeah that's the cool and crappy thing about sites like these... We can talk and offer suggestions but can't help hands on... Ha
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:56 PM

Did you drill extra holes in the front fender? Or just use the 2 that are there?

WHAT ABOUT THE SKIRTS N REAR? STOCK HOLES OR DRILLED NEW?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

With the accolade front I used stock holes. With the ED duraflex I used stock hole as well as fabed up some clips to give it more support. You've got like the one hole closest to the wheele well then you've got another oval shape hole closer to the front that's where I had to clip it because apparently the people at ED have never put there's on a lancer because all their lips were to small and that's why I had to use clips rather than just a screw. In the wheel well I also had to cut a piece of metal and pop rvet it to the splash gaurd since there was not long enough. It was all a lot of work oh then I drilled 4 new holes in the grill area. So I used some stock holes on the fenders and drilled new holes in the wheel well on the splash gaurd and by the grill... I like the thickness and sturdiness of the duraflex but it was a ***** to fit prep and fab. Also used half a can of bondo on that ***** cause one side didn't match the other....

Sorry hope that helped. If this is your first body kit... Have fun thet are not as easy as you think I found this out the hard way... Have someone good at body work help you. My 80 year old grandpa helped me! But he's been in the business for 60 some odd years so he and my uncle ( he's got about 30 years) really helped me a lot it saves a lot of money. Also my dad owns a spray booth manufacturing plant so I got to use a booth to paint it in but still after all that the new ED one cost $500 with shipping and paint... This bull ****s expensive...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Oh I didn't answer skirts...

Used stick holes as well as drilled 1 new one in the back and front I think and one in the middle because even with double sided tape thet were bowing. Fit it now to make sure thet don't bow!!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:00 PM

aiight preciate it man, this ship is a pain in the *** man, im still waitin on catchin my neighbor as he does body prep work n **** like that, he doesnt paint though
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

It totally is a pain in the *** I feel your pain lol. But good luck I'm sure youll like it in the end!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:01 PM

anybody ever put on the APEX or KSTYLE side skirts on their lancer???? i dont get how it screws into where the stock skirt was, seems like it hangs too low, the bottom of the skirt isnt bent up like the stockers are. it has a lip on the top, that seems to go in that slit between the door and the base(or whatever you call it) do i screw it there? but if i do that then it seem a lil flimsy on the bottom, i gotta a pic, but my gay *** camera doenst have flash or night vision. so ill take a better pic in da morn. im a lil messed up atm, so i may not have worded it right, so if yall dun get what im talkin about, just lemme know aiiight.

PS im dewin this myself, i got the rear and frnt bumper on myself, so please dont say take it to the body shop, if i had the money i would instead of dewin this pain in the *** job myself lol
Attached Thumbnails how to - body kit-picture-017.jpg  
Old Aug 17, 2009, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
youre pretty much gonna have to screw in on the ends of the sideskirts to the small area of metal next to the plastic lining...its gonna require you to take off the wheels...you can also put a screw or two on the top flap, or you could even possibly get away with some double sided tape...the one i had had 3 flaps that rested on the bottom that i screwed in to...self tapping screws work best
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Screw in the two sides and use double sided tape along the car.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:50 PM

SOB.... man i lost my key to the lugs, mf's at mitsubish want 25-30 jus for the key. so im pretty much screwed till i get a new key then. what about bowing, how to i prevent it? will screwing the sides in the tire well going to flatin out the bowing-ness of it? also will the side skirt be more stiff after screwing it inside the tire well? prob a dumb ? but thot id ask anyways. preciate the help guys
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it will stiffen up but there is nothing you can do about the bowing... Unless you wanna cut it and redo the fiberglass... Like re-attach it after you cut it... And it'll take it out but the easiest thing to do would just put a screw in it... Thad what I did put it doesn't look as good
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:55 PM

it gon be a minute before i get to put the skirts on, gotta go get a new lug set with a key, its gotta be somewhere in my garage, jus 1 too lazy to look and 2 so many places it could be lol,
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:59 PM

so you saying, cut it at the end , apply sum more glass n re attach to kinda make it a lil longer so it aint bowin any more? lol id probably **** that up lol, imma noob wit dis body work stuff, this my 1st time dewin this sort of thing
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Wait what?! Where is it bowing? The center right? I meant cut it in the center but dude if you not good with it just put a screw right in the center. Or are you saying it's bowing in the wheel well?

Quick Reply: how to - body kit