Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

evo X bumper on lancer DE will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo X bumper on lancer DE will it fit?

so here's the deal, i have a 2008 lancer DE so really basic model, and was wondering if i could fit EVO 10 parts on it... Lets say i go to a Mitsubishi dealer and ask for the whole body kit (bumpers fenders side skirts) would it actually fit? and if so.... would there be anything less expensive than oem factory parts that would do the job?

****i'm new here, tried to place this thread as well as i could, sorry if im outta place or there already is a thread on the subject

Anyways, cheers!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Based on mitsubishi ASA, shop manual, and running into people who should stay away from cars, here's what I know:

Front bumper, hood, front fenders, side skirts, rear bumper, rear doors, and either evo x rear wing will bolt on.

Front bumper needs the exo x crash beam.

Rear quarter panels need to be welded in place. The evo x rear quarters have almost double the welding points as the base models. For the welding, I suggest having a shop do the welding. There's specific standards that should followed when welding the quarter panels on that require a machine to do which will maintain crash safety. A mobile welder may have the machine as well. You will also need to spray sound detener into various spots of the rear quarter panel. The shop manual shows all the spots.

Then there's the wheel locations. They'll look like they got sucked into the fenders.

Fuel door, bolt on once the fenders are changed out.

As for cost, unless the retarded used part places come down in price, forget about them. Front and rear bumpers cost about $100-$200 more brand new from the dealer. Not only that, the cars at the yard have been in wrecks, and the companies tend not to warranty the part as usable. The warranty last right up to the point the box leaves their facility.

Shop around for pricing. Anything used evo will be 2-3 times higher than they should be going through ebay and junk yards just because of the parts came off an evo. The market place on here has body stuff from time to time, and the pricing tends to be more reasonable, except most sellers aren't shipping large stuff (understandably). Keep an eye on craigs list too, once in a while I see something reasonably priced. Cost break down based on average pricing (without shipping):

Front Bumper: 500 for the whole thing, if you can find one used.
Rear Bumper: 500 for both pieces used, $750 from the dealer. Just go the dealer. Used parts places need to come down to $300 for both pieces to make it worth anyone's while taking a chance on them. The bottom valence alone goes for $200 + $150 shipping on ebay. The dealer has them new with mounting hardware for $265 (last I checked). Wonder who's smoking crack with their prices.
Rear Spoiler: 300, $750 new from the dealer.
Rear doors: never see them posted anywhere
side skirts: only see them on the board, never catch the final pricing.
Rear fenders: never see them. Based on evo 8/9 pricing, you're looking at $350 each side from a junk yard.
Hood: $500-$700

By the time you're done with shipping, you'll end up at about $3,000 to $4000 for just the body parts. You haven't even installed yet. Granted everything is factory.

I haven't seen anything after market that will just bolt on, comes with reliable service, or (in my opinion) looks decent enough to put on a car. By the time you get done messing around with an aftermarket kit, you may as well wait for factory parts to be sold by someone at a reasonable price. Between messing around with getting an aftermarket kit installed and looking right, and getting and installing factory parts, you're better off with factory parts given an estimated $500 difference when everything is done.

Hope that gives you an idea of what you're up against.
The following users liked this post:
GTSGam (Apr 26, 2018)
Old Jun 16, 2013, 09:48 AM

thanks man, i'll have to check up on that...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:28 AM

Here in PR there's one guy that build the Evo bumper in f/g and is a direct bolt on on DE models with out swapping the fenders.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jan 15, 2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gabytremmy
so here's the deal, i have a 2008 lancer DE so really basic model, and was wondering if i could fit EVO 10 parts on it... Lets say i go to a Mitsubishi dealer and ask for the whole body kit (bumpers fenders side skirts) would it actually fit? and if so.... would there be anything less expensive than oem factory parts that would do the job?

****i'm new here, tried to place this thread as well as i could, sorry if im outta place or there already is a thread on the subject

Anyways, cheers!
Hey man did you end up putting the EvO rear bumper on your DE ?
Please let me know
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:35 PM

The OE Evo X front bumper will bolt up. It does stick out at the fenders just a tad. I never put the crash bar in. May be why it sticks out. But CL is definetly your best bet. I got the front for like $150 from a body shop and just had to fix a minor crack in the grille. Dont spend extra money if you dont need too, ya know? Just hang in there and something at a decent price may pop up.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:31 AM

Bumper

Originally Posted by Aaron Yarussi
The OE Evo X front bumper will bolt up. It does stick out at the fenders just a tad. I never put the crash bar in. May be why it sticks out. But CL is definetly your best bet. I got the front for like $150 from a body shop and just had to fix a minor crack in the grille. Dont spend extra money if you dont need too, ya know? Just hang in there and something at a decent price may pop up.
Would the diffuser go straight onto the standard lancer? Or do you need the evo bumper for it to attach to? Also any pics of your lancer please?