Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Exhaust for a 2013 GTS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust for a 2013 GTS

Hey I am in the market for some exhaust for my car. It's 2013 lancer GTS. It's auto/paddle-shift. I do not want to the high pitch pissed off bee sound for exhaust. I want something that's not too loud and a little throaty. Would anyone have any suggestions for me? I am open to axle back or cat back just depends on the price. I tried doing an HKS Hi-power axle back and had issues with it not fitting.

Any suggestions along those lines would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:26 PM

I have the greddy racing sport axle-back. It had a great sound to it. I was looking for the same thing as you. Not to loud, somewhat beefy and definitly not a beehive muffler. It did the job for me. I have seen alot of other people on here go with the tsudo axle-back and they were happy with it as well. You can find them on road race motorsports website. Good luck
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:36 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
^I've heard that exhaust in person. Sounds great IMO
Old Nov 3, 2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by One T
I have the greddy racing sport axle-back. It had a great sound to it. I was looking for the same thing as you. Not to loud, somewhat beefy and definitly not a beehive muffler. It did the job for me. I have seen alot of other people on here go with the tsudo axle-back and they were happy with it as well. You can find them on road race motorsports website. Good luck
Nice! Thank you. Did you install it yourself or did you get it done somewhere? Just want to make sure I dont need to make any modifications to make it fit.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 05:54 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Greddy makes quality parts. I'm sure no modifications are needed. I've installed plenty of their exhaust systems. You can also email/call the place you're buying it from and ask if you have any doubts.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:52 AM

I got a tsudo axle back. I left the silencer in and it sounds great. I can get a video of the sound. I also have k&n typhoon intake. Great combo
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:59 AM

I installed it myself. The screws and washer given from the package were a little to small to confidently tighten and hold the new exhaust so I just went to autozone and they just gave me some that were better. Other than that it was really simple