Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Drum to Disc Brake conversion Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP!!! Drum to Disc Brake conversion Lancer ES

Hi guys. Before i start i wanted to say that i saw many threads on this topic and they were very usefull to at least get an idea of what needs to be done. The methods that are suggested in many threads are too expensive. My budget is low.
So i have a 2003 mitsubishi lancer es and i need a not cheap but less expensive drum brake replacement. While i was researching this topic i found out that Acura Integras 94-01 had disc brakes on the back and had the same bolt pattern and wheel size as my car.I think i can easyly find one in a junkyard.so is it possible to take off the brakes and the parking brake (which i think is the most complicated part of the conversion) and put it on my car. I obviously have a parking brake and its cable so as far as i understand i would have to just put the my cable on the integra's parking brake assembly (not really sure what its called) and thatll be it. And also would i need new brake lines?
And also i wanted to say that i am not very experienced so my terminology or the way i describe parts may not seem to be correct sometimes. But i really like my car and im gonna drive it for at least the next 4 years so i wanted to start bringing it into good shape. so i can see this is one of the best forums and i won't be treated like **** by you for being a noob.

Thank you all in advance. any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Hayk; Nov 13, 2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: change the title