Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Where is the oil drain bolt? Dont want to accidentally drain transmission or somethin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the oil drain bolt? Dont want to accidentally drain transmission or somethin

Hi all,

I have 2003 Lancer (ES). I just did a coolant flush, and replaced thermostat, both for the first time, and it was pretty satisfying. I want to do my oil next.

Can someone tell me how to make sure that I drain the oil bolt and not something else? Is there a marking on it? Is transmission drain near it?

Also, with antifreeze I didnt even have to jack up the car, it was a tight fit but I managed. Is the same possible for oil? If not, then is the jack that came with the car sufficient? (I know not to get under the car with just the jack holding it up, I have some wood blocks I can use, but it will be only as high as that jack takes it).

Also, do you recommend all synthetic for this car? What brand? Or brand doesnt matter?

PS - side question, do I need any extra tools (other than oil/filer) ? As far as gaskets/seals? Dont want to be dripping oil...