Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Ground wire installation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground wire installation

alright i saw a post for an install on an ebay type grounding wire install but in the installation the person didnt use the attachment provided so. here ive done it and attached it to points i thought would be more efficient. first off you will want to remove your entire battery and intake or airbox if you still have it. like so
after that you can unscrew and disconnect the stock body ground and replace it with the the shortest cable that is provided. like in the picture above. next you will then travel along the harness to the cable that connects to the starter and block.
taking the bolt of is much easier if the part of the harness that the grounding wire comes out of is removed from its plate which is the plate that is on the bolt you are about to remove. the clamp that holds the wiring harness to said plate is a black plastic piece about 2 inches to the left of where the ground wire comes out of harness if you are standing on the drivers side fender facing across the car. to remove that clip there is a plastic lever on the bottom of it you will need to push that lever away from the center of the clip and it should then easily slide off. not much force is needed otherwise you will more than likely break it. after you have the harness free you can place your wrench like this then completely take the bolt out as you will have to slip on the ground wire over it, in my case the hole that was on the end of the ground wire was to small so i cut it and slid it over bolt dont cut out any section as you will want as much material actually grounding the current but you may have to do the same depending upon which kit you buy. once you have that back together all tightened you will run that cable back to the battery area. if you wanted a perfect installation you would have to remove the wire harness open and replace the old ground wire with the new one but as i did not want the hassle i just pushed the old one to the side and ran the
one on the outside of the harness. now you should connect the two wires to the block that should be assembled per the instruction provided and attach to your battery to ensure that you have power. if not go back over and make sure both are connected securely.

after you have checked to make sure you are getting power and the car starts and runs properly then you can start connecting the other wires. here are my suggestions in the order i placed them on my car. on the size of which to use on each you will just have to eyeball and see what will work best.
cylinder head

alternator

throttle body

and you will need to attach it to the transmission as well, though i could not get a good picture of it. sorry.

here is a pic of the everything, like i said you will need to find a solid connection for the transmission as i could not get a good picture but other than that. you should be finished. the car is much smoother now and noticeably softer at idle. thanks.

Last edited by grapeapeoftokyo; Mar 9, 2007 at 05:30 PM.