Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How To: Pollen/cabin filter change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How To: Pollen/cabin filter change

Originally Posted by Mark Hubley
Once you know that the pollen filter is located behind the glove box, any person with minimal mechanical inclination should be able to figure out how to get at it. However, it never hurts to have guidance. Here are some additional hints (my car is an '08 ES):

To release the glove box, push on the two "buttons" that act as the stops when you open the glove box. They are located near the top of the glove box, one on each side. Press on them so that the glove box opens past its normal travel. With the glove box down you should be able to see the pollen filter housing, as in DEMON's picture. However, you want the glove box down even further to get at the filter. On my car there is a rod under the right side of the glove box that acts as another stop to travel of the glove box. Simply remove the rod from the pin on the glove box, and the glove box will travel all the way down and can be removed if you wish.

The rectangular cover of the filter housing is easily removed by releasing a clip on each side. I suggest that BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE OLD FILTER, TAKE NOTE OF THE MARKINGS THAT SHOW THE DIRECTION OF AIR FLOW!!! You want to be sure to install the new filter in the proper orientation.
Discuss this thread here.