Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Don't Buy Racing Seat Bracket...here's the how to

Old Feb 25, 2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't Buy Racing Seat Bracket...here's the how to

Here's how to install an aftermarket racing seat using stock brackets.

1.4 bolts holding seat in, I think they were 14mm but I'm not 100%positive. 1 is tucked in under the center console compartment. Need a wrench to get that one or pry a flat head screw driver and pry that area inward to use a socket. and 1 is under a cover closest to the door. Just pull that cover off.

2.With the seat out, flip it over and you'll see 4 12mm bolts holding the bottom seat to the main bracket.Remove those 4 bolts.

3.Remove the lumbar by using a needle nose pliers to pull out the pin holding the knob on the drive. Once the pin is out, just pull the knob off.

4.Use a phillips head screw driver to take the recline handle off.

5.Pry off both plastic covers off to reveal 4 13mm bolts. 2 on both sides of the seat.

6.After you removed the bolts, you now need to use a flat head srew driver to rip the clips apart from each other that are holding the top seat on. The clips are located on the bottom of the backside seat.

The aftermarket seat should line up with the holes on the stock bracket. If not, at least the front two of the seat and you can cutom make a bracket for like a dollar or two from the hardware store. Better than spending 70 dollars on seat brackets. If the bar that runs from one side of the bracket to the other, which was holding the back of the seat, is in the way, my suggestion is cut it. But my seat fit with no problems.

The uninstall of the seat took roughly an hour to do, but I took my time to make sure I did everything correctly. With these instructions and the tools and sockets listed, it shouldn't take no more than half an hour for the complete install.

I will post pics of the seat in my car once I get my camera back.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discuss thread here.