Notices

Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at that same unit. 24bit makes for awesome sound quality. The display looked a little dim when compared to the Alpines or Pioneers. They have that one on display at Best Buy. If you do pick it up, tell us how you liked it.

I have the same year Ralliart. I did the sound system myself. I bought this car with an aftermarket Kenwood. It had no sub so I cant compare the sound to stock.

That head unit will rock. You should notice quite a big change in sound quality.

Headunits are easy to install in this car. Remove the neg. from your battery. Pull off the ac/heater control knobs. Two screw that hold the front dash panel. These screws are located under the knobs. Two screw that hold the storage pocket are located inside at the top of this pocket. After all four screws are removed, pull the storage pocket straight out. Then pull on the front dash panel by gripping the panel edges near where the knobs were removed. Check the regular lancer forum. There is a step by step "how to" on this with pics.

Lots of amps will fit under our seats. Stick with name brands like Pheonix Gold, Alpine, Arc Audio, JL, Rockford, Kicker...there are many.

I have my Arc Audio 1000.2T sub amp under the driver seat. Four bolts and two seat belt sensor connectors to remove the seat. You have to remove the rear half of the center consul to get to one of the bolts. The amps for my comps mounted to the back seat.

Careful planning and research will make things easier and you will end up with a clean, solid install. The watts of your amps will determaine the size of your power wire. The existing power wire to the stock amp might not work for an after market amp. You may also want to keep in mind that you might want to add a second amp later.

For power, I ran two 4 ga. from the battery. One 4ga. power wire to a grommet that is under the front driver side fender liner to the sub amp under the driver seat. The second power wire from the battery back along the fire wall to a grommet that is located behind the passenger side shock tower. This grommet is hard to find but reach down there, you'll find it. Take measurements and layout all your cable.

This is how I did it, with two seprate power wires. You could run one big power wire through the firewall then split the power to each amp.

This site has just about all the information for installing and suggestion for amps. The Lancer and Evo sections have more info. Good Luck.

Last edited by D1no; Jul 1, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:04 PM

does anyone has the wiring diagram that leads to the amps input? or if you got the whole radio diagram would be great i got an 05 ra with the infinity audio i need the wiring diagram just to get rid of the stock amp and rewired for new ones any halp with the diagrams would be great
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:41 PM

Have anyone changed the headunit and kept the stock 6 disc changer? I might have a deal on a Alpine headunit that dont have cd player (media player, only usb and ipod). I have not removed the stock unit yet to check how its connected. anyone know how the 6cd charger is connected ?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

bump!

kinda wonderin the same as lapof. im changing the stock head unit to an alpine iva d106 flip deck and im not sure if it can be connected to the 6disc changer. otherwise ill jus take that off too and make it as a free space or somethin
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:57 AM

I have finally changed the headunit with one tha had cd/mp3 capability. And I dont think it is possible to connect the 6 disc changer.

So mine is for sale if anyone is interested
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
What are the stock speaker sizes (front and back)?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:30 AM

go back to page one parrishr13 the very first post has it.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:25 AM

Is the amp on The Rockford system considered a multi channel or a mono powe?????

Last edited by blackryder13; Jun 19, 2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 05:52 AM

hey guys, new here. i purchased a ralliart that came with the loaded infinity sound in it but the front left speaker is blown. am a big fan of keeping all speakers the same so im curious does anybody know what speaker model it is? anybody have them for sale?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got wiring harnes from Crutchfield but the problem is that I bought a Pioneer DEH-3300ub and it doesn't have the RCA outputs for the speakers, only for the sub. Can I cut the the RCA ends from the harnes and connect the wires directly to the wires from the Pioneer?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Fixed it.

I bought a Y spliter and a couple of settings later on the unit I'm blasting. Now the sub... This will be fun.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
k3lv suggested I make a sticky for this. Here's the basic info on the Ralliart's stock setup. Specs are the same on the Sportback model:

Speaker size: 6.5" speakers will fit with adapters (our speaker holes are a very odd size, too big for a 6.75" speaker, but 6.5" with adapters work). Depth is not a problem, there's plenty of room. If someone has measured, I'll put the actual depth up. Sportback rear speakers are 5.25" and don't have much mounting depth available.

Tweeters: Located in the A pillar, I was able to fit 1" aftermarket ones in no problem, but had to drill the pillar to mount them

Stock system output: Too low to matter

Stock alternator output: 110 amps

Wiring harnesses for replacing the stock deck can be found just about anywhere. If you want to replace the optional Infinity deck, you need this. If you want to replace the amplifier for the Infinity system, you need this.

Replacing the stock Infinity subwoofer: If you're going to do this, do it right. You'll want a new box, sub, and amp. You should be able to setup the amp to feed off the signal coming from the Infinity amp under the passenger seat. Replacing the sub in the stock encloser just isn't going to yield good results, and there's not enough power coming off the Infinity amp to power an aftermarket subwoofer properly.

If you have anything to add, post it and I'll add it in.
If I do the the setup for the sub the way you suggested, isn't the stock amp going to be burned by the second one that I'm going to add for the sub?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:48 PM

Hello everyone. Hope someone can help me... I am purchasing a 2005 Lancer ralliart with s&s package on Monday. Here's the problem; the person who owned the car before me must have modified the sound system (receiver, different amp, sub, who knows), but the factory receiver & all 7 factory speakers are back in place. The amp, however, is sitting in the back seat, with the wiring harness still connected, but all the wires have been cut right at the end, so I can't splice more on. I am going to need to buy the harness kit, & I also am going to need to get a diagram on the speaker wires, so I can hook everything back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On an unrelated note, it doesn't have the keyless remote with it either. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap OEM factory keyless remote??
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
hope someone can clarify this...i would eventually like to replace my deck, for the purpose of having a front auxilliary jack, how do i connect it to the in-dash disc changer? or is this not possible?

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
hope someone can clarify this...i would eventually like to replace my deck, for the purpose of having a front auxilliary jack, how do i connect it to the in-dash disc changer? or is this not possible?
hey bud depending on the make of the changer (maybe be infinity) you probably cant, their may be a cable adapter but most likely if your putting an aftermarket Head then yuoll need to go same company and buy one of their cd changers u probably better off going ipod control its cheaper and u ca hold more music. if u want suggestions on decks or where to buy i have a few connections i can get great deals on jl, alpine, and several others

Quick Reply: Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info