Notices

Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i like CD's i find they sound better...for mp3 you need ridiculous bitrates to get the same quality...

but again, i want a front auxiliary jack and changer, so i have the option of both...changing CD's on the fly is dangerous and annoying
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can keep your stock headunit and changer and use an inline FM modulator such as this one :
http://www.crutchfield.ca/scosche_fm...142fmmod02.htm

Quality is better than a FM transmitter but not as good as a CD.

You should also consider that an aftermarket headunit will sound way better than the stock one. Plus you will have CD/MP3 + aux jack +USB +Ipod.

I have myself bought an aftermarket headunit and disconnected my cd changer and I am really happy without it now. As for MP3/CD quality, I dont see the difference with bit rate of 320 kbps and more
Old Apr 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
that's *****...
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:02 PM

so does anyone know what the actual depth of the front speakers is? I am thinking about getting a set of 6.5" comps that are 3" deep and am hoping someone knows whether they will fit so I dont have to tear my car apart more than once.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Topdown
so does anyone know what the actual depth of the front speakers is? I am thinking about getting a set of 6.5" comps that are 3" deep and am hoping someone knows whether they will fit so I dont have to tear my car apart more than once.
good chance they will fit the depth is fairly large and i think their is room for a spacer if needed, doors easy to come off theirs a few screws and then pull till the clips all come off and lift up, after youve done it first only take a min to do a second time
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Greetings! n00b question (I searched and found nothing) so apologies if this has been covered somewhere: has anyone had a CD-R jam in the oem Rockford Fosgate 6-disc cd-changer? Reason I ask is my wife's Honda Pilot's 6-disc cd-changer doesn't like some CD-Rs (too thin maybe) and almost jammed with one inside when we first got it, so now we only put CDs in the changer and play CD-Rs in the single-disk slot up above. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue with the Lancer's oem cd-changer as most of my music is on my hard drive and I make CD-Rs for the car...just don't want it to jam up. Thanks guys! Cheers.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:43 PM

Kay so I bought my lancer with the Stock Infinity with 7 speakers, I'm also wondering what the specifications are on the subwoofer/speakers/amp? I'm looking for rms, peak, etc because I want to add in new speakers and just wondering if the stock amp would be strong enough to power the new speakers =)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=RiceNSpices;9739774]Kay so I bought my lancer with the Stock Infinity with 7 speakers, I'm also wondering what the specifications are on the subwoofer/speakers/amp? I'm looking for rms, peak, etc because I want to add in new speakers and just wondering if the stock amp would be strong enough to power the new speakers =)[/QUOTE

im not 100% sure what power the amp put outs but i would think its powerful enough to run speakers in the 20-50rms range if u look at the back of the stock speakers itll say what rms range you would be looking for
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:33 PM

so my stock stereo works and sounds fine, but the display for it doesn't come on, so i dont know what station or anything when i turn it on, has anyone ever heard of this or know how to fix it?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4play0024
so my stock stereo works and sounds fine, but the display for it doesn't come on, so i dont know what station or anything when i turn it on, has anyone ever heard of this or know how to fix it?

Personally speaking, I wouldn't spend the time screwing around with it; I would just install an aftermarket head unit. Depending on the model, your stereo will have cleaner sound, you may be able to run an ipod, and it gives you room in the future to install other aftermarket audio components.

I would recommend anything from Pioneer and Alpine, even though they are extremely mainstream, they are good quality. I am running an Alpine CDA-117 which will run you roughly $300, but for a $100 you can still get a quality headunit. Also if you have plans to run maybe a 4-channel amp to power a subwoofer and speakers, consider getting a headunit that has at least 2 sets of pre-outs, as you will need to upgrade if your current aftermarket only has one. For just a subwoofer and single channel amp you are fine with one set of pre-outs.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:09 PM

Does anyone know how to delete cds that are loaded onto the music server on the Sat/Nav radio in Ralliarts 09+?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 03:35 PM

Does anybody have a link to the wiring harness I need in order to replace the amp with an aftermarket one? The link on the front page isn't working.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 06:33 AM

Sub box

Has anyone found a sub with box that will fit easily in the trunk of a 2012 ralliart? I am looking to install one or 2 8 - 10 inch subs. Any ideas?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 07:48 AM

i tried installing a pioneer deck in my 2004 lancer and its not working! The power works and it shows the radio station so the antenna works but no sound comes through. ive checked the connections and everything (i used butt connectors) and it seems fine but i dont know whats wrong!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:22 AM

Are you trying to power the speakers with the new radio or still use the stock amp?

Quick Reply: Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info