Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lilevo1
oh im sorry ... type too fast
i cant put a turbo timer in because of my alarm
They are wrong!!!!

I love saying that. No but seriously, they are worng. I cant remember but my cousin did it before on a turbo honda or something. Required an spdt relay utilizing the igntion wire and key sense wire and shock sensor I think. Somehow, the **** fooled the alarm into thinking the ignition wire was dead when the key was removed. It stopped the shock sensor from detecting the vibrations fron the engine and it armed when the car shutoff. He was able to lock the doors with the remote when the car was still on, something you cant normally do with a standard alarm or keyless if installed correctly. Im sure I could figure it out if I thought about it. And a lot of DEI products have a feature called arm while driving but I never looked into that feature. Maybe I will.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
how do remote starters work with a manual? or do they?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

You don't need military grade ****E because your car is no ARMY TANK. DEI alarms look cheap and that the way it is. It really don't matter who invented something it's who makes it better. Who invented the first car was FORD and don't tell me FORD cars are better than FErraris.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

looks like someone threw a spark plug porcelin at it becuase it leaves no traces how does a alarm work with a factory keyless entry im lookin for one to protect my subs
Old Mar 27, 2007, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LeftysRule22
how do remote starters work with a manual? or do they?
They do, but you either have to buy one specifically designed for a manual, or install it yourself and trick a regular one into working. Most places won't install a remote start kit for an A/T in a M/T car, for liability reasons.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migueralliart
You don't need military grade ****E because your car is no ARMY TANK. DEI alarms look cheap and that the way it is. It really don't matter who invented something it's who makes it better. Who invented the first car was FORD and don't tell me FORD cars are better than FErraris.
Why pay for knock off technology when you can have the best for the same price. Better performance, easier installation, and the largest installation network available in North America. DEI is where its at. I have seen the insides of the units (remotes and brains), and I can assure you the DEI has better technology period. DEI makes it better, thats why they are the most recommended brand. They have the most money, thats why they can afford to buy up the majority or the independent manufacturers out there. Its almost a monopoly. I am a diehard Clifford fan and am convinced there is nothing better. It is what it is. DEI has the market on lock for a reason. Dont believe me still, check there stocks. And as far as the automobile analogies go, I would label Compustar the Ford and DEI the Toyota. Ferarri is a little too exotic. But some of the upper level Clifford with GPS tracking could be considered that.

Originally Posted by superalf574
looks like someone threw a spark plug porcelin at it becuase it leaves no traces how does a alarm work with a factory keyless entry im lookin for one to protect my subs
Aftermarket alarms work independent of the factory keylese. Your factory keyless will still work after the alarm install. They are worth it.

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
They do, but you either have to buy one specifically designed for a manual, or install it yourself and trick a regular one into working. Most places won't install a remote start kit for an A/T in a M/T car, for liability reasons.
Correct. But there is no tricking involved with regular remote starts. You gotta bypass the neutral safety switch at the clutch during remote start and it'll work just fine. If you never leave your car in gear like me and no one else drives your car, then a standard R/S will be just fine. If you have always parked in gear and its going to be an issue, then I recommend getting a Compustar alarm with the NSS feature to prevent accidental in gear remote start. There is a company called Faias that produces a NSS that is integrated with R/S system of your choice. It works great but I found out after installing 2 of them in friends cars that they do not like extreme cold weather (New England). So there it is.

For anyone who missed it, I'm a Clifford user and recommend the new SST units to anyone. The range is as advertised. Up to 1-mile. Word!!!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:05 PM

I had a compustar on my old car after my deck got stolen, few months after having it + a new deck someone smashed my window again completly ignoring the flashing light and Compustar stickers almost caught the bastered that time.

I guess your "lucky" you have tint on your front windows to from stopping it shattering, pretty sure thats why tint on front windows is illeagal, stops it from shattering in the event of a crash, holds it together in to little death stars haha.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06silverRA
I had a compustar on my old car after my deck got stolen, few months after having it + a new deck someone smashed my window again completly ignoring the flashing light and Compustar stickers almost caught the bastered that time.

I guess your "lucky" you have tint on your front windows to from stopping it shattering, pretty sure thats why tint on front windows is illeagal, stops it from shattering in the event of a crash, holds it together in to little death stars haha.
+1 on the tint works well in car accidents too i have wrecked my 02 es with front tinted windows and that **** hurts anyways i saw a viper system on sale at amazon for 184 im going to pick this up soon
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:11 AM

I would go with the compustar 2 way...it's not the cheapest one but it has every option you would need.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06silverRA
tint on front windows is illeagal, stops it from shattering in the event of a crash, holds it together in to little death stars haha.

Front tint isn't illegal here. Can have up to 35% in front. But yea i can see how that would be kind of dangerous. lol

Another thing i was wondering about, is some of the alarm companies offer an insurance type thing with their alarm system, but im assuming thats if they install it themselves or something? Because id much rather do it myself and not pay for labor.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LeftysRule22
Front tint isn't illegal here. Can have up to 35% in front. But yea i can see how that would be kind of dangerous. lol

Another thing i was wondering about, is some of the alarm companies offer an insurance type thing with their alarm system, but im assuming thats if they install it themselves or something? Because id much rather do it myself and not pay for labor.
must of the it is warrantys on the system not on your 15 inch subs lol in california any tint on the front windows that isnt factory is illegal
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

if you know somebo=ody that works in Best buy...you can get the $505 dollars viper for only $177 employee price!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

People are stupid and jealous... Somebody stool my Evo 8 spoiler last week! The nice thing is that my insurrance will pay me 450$ (the price i paid for my fake evo 8 carbon-like abs spoiler) and now i'll buy one in real carbon fiber from ceriousperformance for cheaper lol!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 02:33 PM

code alarm is good to u i got one and when people even lean on it to see what i have in my car the **** goes off it also has diff programs like u can hold the button and it will roll up the windows and it can go off if someone ****s with the trunk and hood its got a screen on the alarm so show what they are doing also
Old May 7, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

There are select upper end DEI alarms (Viper or Clifford) that have a "turbo Timer" option, but it invloves almost wiring up the remote start feature of the alarm. Shops can be skiddish about that.

Quick Reply: Alarm System Needed