Notices

Alarm System Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Alarm System Needed

So today i went to the mall to rent a tuxedo, i was only in there for maybe a half hour and i come back out to my car and this is what i see. Needless to say i was pretty pissed.

Luckily, because of the combination of what I'm assuming is safety glass and window tint, the window didn't fall in, and they weren't able to get it and/or didn't have enough time.

Weird part was i was the only car in the entire parking lot that was hit.

But anyway, I'm looking for a relatively cheap and fairly easy to install complete alarm system or something, because next time i doubt i will be as lucky. I know the alarm technically shouldn't stop anyone, but its better than nothing. I know nothing about after market alarms or how they even work. So any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has already been discussed or something in advance, i searched and found some alarm stuff in the evo sections, but i couldn't really get any straight answers out of it as to weather or not the systems would have been compatible with our computers or not.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
viper
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
go to the DEI website. any alarm there will suit u just fine. they make viper, clifford, python and a few other alarms in many different configurations.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Doesn't look like they wanted to break into your car. The tint wouldn't keep them out if they really wanted in. Looks more like someone found their dad's spring-loaded center punch and their friend told them it worked great for breaking car windows. Yours was just the unfortunate car they tried it out on.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 05:04 AM
Account Disabled

damn that sucks....I'm looking for an alarm myself...good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that is unfortunate. +1 for any DEI product.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the viper have sensors for the hood, windows, and trunk?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
does the viper have sensors for the hood, windows, and trunk?
Depending on which model you get, It has an input wire for trunk/hood, a trunk and a hood wire. Usually the models with seperate wires are responder units(2-way). All of their units require an ad-on glass beakage sensor. Im not sure if any of the New Clifford Avantguard or Intelliguards have that sensor supplied or not. But those Clifford units are big bucks. So hood and trunk will be protected standard, but you gotta cough up extra for the glass sensor.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
Depending on which model you get, It has an input wire for trunk/hood, a trunk and a hood wire. Usually the models with seperate wires are responder units(2-way). All of their units require an ad-on glass beakage sensor. Im not sure if any of the New Clifford Avantguard or Intelliguards have that sensor supplied or not. But those Clifford units are big bucks. So hood and trunk will be protected standard, but you gotta cough up extra for the glass sensor.

+ 1 for the clifford intelligaurds. thats what i got with remote start,trunk/hood sensor, shock, but no glass sensor. with two 2 way remotes. cost me like 650 installed. love it.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

WELL with alarms PLEASE don't go CHEAP just buy a COMPUSTAR those are the best alarms the code change randomly and they are great you should search google for them I got one and people attempted to steal my car in PR 4 times (my car has a lot of stuff wheels brakes interiors done sound pioneer DVD anyway ) each time my beeper advised me from almost a mile of distance belive me they are worth the extra money. It does even come with an IF monitor sensor you install inside the car so if somehow somebody could get in it will also advice you...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migueralliart
WELL with alarms PLEASE don't go CHEAP just buy a COMPUSTAR those are the best alarms the code change randomly and they are great you should search google for them I got one and people attempted to steal my car in PR 4 times (my car has a lot of stuff wheels brakes interiors done sound pioneer DVD anyway ) each time my beeper advised me from almost a mile of distance belive me they are worth the extra money. It does even come with an IF monitor sensor you install inside the car so if somehow somebody could get in it will also advice you...
Compustar is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr from the best bro. They do not use military grade technology. They were not the first to have a 2way remote nor the first to have a 1mile range. DEI products are by far the easiest to install, program, and the most problem free (as long as you dont drop the remote). There is a reason most of the bigger electronic companies out there (Best Buy, Circuit City, and Tweeter) sell DEI products. Need I say more.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

yeah .. definitely get an alarm asap.. i got mine 2nd day i bought my evo..since i heard on the news Evo is the number one sport car stolen in the US.. cant confirm this but i remember it said this about last year..

and do our research.. I have a viper and now the guys that installed it says i can put a turbo timer in...??? i have the non remote start pager model..
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

i meant do YOUR research
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lilevo1
yeah .. definitely get an alarm asap.. i got mine 2nd day i bought my evo..since i heard on the news Evo is the number one sport car stolen in the US.. cant confirm this but i remember it said this about last year..

and do our research.. I have a viper and now the guys that installed it says i can put a turbo timer in...??? i have the non remote start pager model..
Did they say you cant or can not put in a turbo timer. Just making sure you typed the right thing. And as far as ratio of cars sold to that which are stolen for one particular model, the Evo is duking it out with Escalade. It cant be too bad though cause my insurance just dropped the other day.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

oh im sorry ... type too fast
i cant put a turbo timer in because of my alarm

Quick Reply: Alarm System Needed