Notices

Blackberry Playbook in Lancer Ralliart - Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackberry Playbook in Lancer Ralliart - Pics inside!

Hey all... been a while since I've been on here. Thought I was going to get out of my lancer.

Just picked up a 64GB Playbook last week and decided to make a mount for it in the lancer since it looks like I'm keeping the car for now.

right now it's just a place for the playbook to sit, I haven't wired it up the radio or power or usb or anything right now.

Enjoy.

Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

ARGGHH! You beat me to being to it. I was gonna do either the Kindle Fire or the new Google Tablet coming out in March and maybe even be the first 04-06 on the forum to have it done [what I have seen]. Still doin it either way lol.

Great job with it nonetheless. Not sure if I would have done it the same way but it looks good. I would have either painted the trim or use 3M's CF wrap and I also would have done a lot more fiberglassing to build up some more support on the back.

Again, nice work!

Last edited by stockley1234; Jan 26, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:11 PM

Very Nice Work Looks Great!!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Haha! I was wanting to do the same thing with my Nook Color. I turned it into an android tablet and thought it would be an awesome media/navigation center to mount into my car somewhere.

Very nice work though!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, this was something I threw together in 2hrs start to finish at work. I would have liked to paint it too but wasn't even sure if Id like it so I didn't want to spend too much more time doing finish work and wetsanding for nothing. I had suede kicking around the shop so it was an easy option for now.

Here's a few more showing the back and night view

Last edited by majestic*; Jan 27, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont particularly like the suede...but i understand the "didint know if i'd even like it so i tried it with minimal effort w/ spare/scrap materials"..lol..didi the same thing w/ my wheel centercaps...paint was all flaking off and so i used some scrap mate black spray paint they were throwing out from parts at work....and a coworker loaned me a paint stick to do the mitsu logos...now they actually look pretty sweet...(xept the paint stick color is kind of odd...like a pastel dark hot pink if it makes sense...hard to explain..i need to get some red and redo it...but i havent gotten around to it...lol)
looks pretty good otherwise...
only thing is i'd imagine its pretty bright at night, i can only assume it'd get kind of annoying quick....but im sure after a while ud get used to it...good job...looks professionally done (minus the suede..lol), kinda looks like its missing some back support for it tho...
hopefully u dont get pulled over for a giant touch screen on your dash tho..lol
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
i dont particularly like the suede...but i understand the "didint know if i'd even like it so i tried it with minimal effort w/ spare/scrap materials"..lol..didi the same thing w/ my wheel centercaps...paint was all flaking off and so i used some scrap mate black spray paint they were throwing out from parts at work....and a coworker loaned me a paint stick to do the mitsu logos...now they actually look pretty sweet...(xept the paint stick color is kind of odd...like a pastel dark hot pink if it makes sense...hard to explain..i need to get some red and redo it...but i havent gotten around to it...lol)
looks pretty good otherwise...
only thing is i'd imagine its pretty bright at night, i can only assume it'd get kind of annoying quick....but im sure after a while ud get used to it...good job...looks professionally done (minus the suede..lol), kinda looks like its missing some back support for it tho...
hopefully u dont get pulled over for a giant touch screen on your dash tho..lol
LOL.. yeah I hear ya about the suede... I'm not a fan of it either but it was either that or leave it raw fiberglass and looking ****ty without any finish work. If I decide to keep it I'll take the time to skim coat it, sand, sand, sand, wet sand and paint...

As far as support it's actually really good and sits well in the dash even while driving a little hard through the gear box, doesn't try to pop out or tilt forward... I guess you'd have to see it to understand... hard to grasp that in the pics tho.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i guess if it works its ok....it just looks like its in there very loosely...granted its a touch screen so its not like u have to press buttons hard or nothing...but it kinda looks weird (at least to me) where it doesnt have any back support to it...even if it's just visual...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 03:37 PM

that is looking sexy....