Notices
Lancer Ralliart Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer Engine Damper

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we get any confirmation that this will work on a RA (I.E. Picture)??

I looked in my engine bay last night and it looks like the angle from the strut tower brace to where it mounts to the engine is different.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
majambo: windo-weld by 3m. its a eurithane-based cauke. comes is a cauke tube. can get it at most auto stores. dont get silicone-based stuff, tho. make sure its urithane, as this will give a pretty hard, but not rocksolid ride. i started a thread about it a few weeks ago under ralliart general. do a search for it to keep the vendor thread on topic =]
Old Oct 7, 2004, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daddymac
Can we get any confirmation that this will work on a RA (I.E. Picture)??

I looked in my engine bay last night and it looks like the angle from the strut tower brace to where it mounts to the engine is different.
Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes.
It looks like it will fit though.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Any update on this yet Adam??
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't fit.... I didn't look hard enough at where it mounts, our engine sits lower than the lancer es/oz and the evo. I'm making my own mount for it eventually.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

DIY filled mount it is then....damn I wanted this part
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:10 PM
Account Disabled

When I saw this I thought ok, so I looked at the instructions, then I looked at my car ES Lancer. The distance betweent the strut mount and where they said to put the motor mount was not like the photo. In fact the angle was so steep I knew it couldn't work. You'd have to make a bracket that is quite tall to make this thing work. I think a center mount would work also. I asked my dad who used to build stock cars about this. He said they used to use chains to hold the motor down. Only real drawback as has been stated is the vibrations are amplified.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Adam, my advice is to sell it......its really too bad about it to....they work VERY well.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AdamRA
I've heard if you do the mounts the vibration through the car is horrible and can be very annoying. Hopefully this damper doesn't cause to much vibration.
I have 3 filled mounts on my car, and there is more vibration, but it's not horrible. Only time it's annoying at all (keep in mind this is a 10 year old car with an engine that's known to be rough anyway) is when I'm idling with the A/C on. You guys have balance shafts in your engine, so it should run considerably smoother than mine.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

has anyone accually purchased the daper? well is so give us some input on it i am interested in this
Old Oct 15, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I believe Adam bought one and said it doesn't work w/ the supplied mounts b/c our engine sits on a different angle the the evo's.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

the way they have it working (from one side of the motor) I'm not quite sure it'd be that effective either. I think it would work better mounted on the centerpoint of the motor.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:33 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
AdamRA - you shouldn't have to sell it, rather just return it and get your money back. They posted in here saying it'd fit your car, and it doesn't, so they're in the wrong.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AdamRA
Doesn't fit.... I didn't look hard enough at where it mounts, our engine sits lower than the lancer es/oz and the evo. I'm making my own mount for it eventually.
AdamRA - This WeaponR damper does not fit your car? If this is the case, please let me know. I specifically called Weapon R about this, and they told me it would fit, and we could sell it to our customers. We never test fit it ourselves on a customer car with a Lancer, only EVO.

We would be glad to refund you your money if this is the case. And if so, I would like to apologize to everyone. I thought we had a great product here that would benefit the N/A guys as well as the turbo guys.

We will pay for your shipping back to us as well, or we will schedule UPS to come by and pick it up. Please let me know at alex@prostreetonline.com

Thank you

Alex
Old Oct 16, 2004, 09:26 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by prostreetonline
AdamRA - This WeaponR damper does not fit your car? If this is the case, please let me know. I specifically called Weapon R about this, and they told me it would fit, and we could sell it to our customers. We never test fit it ourselves on a customer car with a Lancer, only EVO.

We would be glad to refund you your money if this is the case. And if so, I would like to apologize to everyone. I thought we had a great product here that would benefit the N/A guys as well as the turbo guys.

We will pay for your shipping back to us as well, or we will schedule UPS to come by and pick it up. Please let me know at alex@prostreetonline.com

Thank you

Alex
I've been reading about this product over in the Evo forum and they love it. Next time you're on the phone with Weapon R, bug them to make brackets that will work with the 2.4 MIVEC engine. This seems like an easy and effective alternative to filling motor mounts.

Quick Reply: Lancer Engine Damper