Notices
Lancer Ralliart Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Nex Tech Coilover Springs 230.00 SHIPPED!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2004, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nex Tech Coilover Springs 230.00 SHIPPED!!!

This is a new product that i am trying to push out! Tech info will be updated shortly!

These will go for 230.00 shipped in lower 48 states! Will have over 200 in stock!

Drop -0.5 to -3 inch

fitment: 2002-2003 Lancer OZ/LS, 2004+ Ralliart, 2004 OZ

compatible with original shocks only.

Last edited by 500whp.com; Apr 10, 2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

are you sure these work with the ralliart? on the stock strut?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mojambo
are you sure these work with the ralliart? on the stock strut?
I'm waiting for a spec sheet from the manufactor, when i asked they told me it fits all models 02+. Once the spec sheet is out ill tell you guys for sure!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the springs should fit. whats the deal /w the large center 'bolt' and the cap? my springs didnt come with anything like that....and its not quite a coilover 'kit. how do they help performance?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:22 PM
Former Sponsor

This is more of a damper kit. The caps acts as the adjustable part of a coilovers, u will use ur stock shocks in the middle, and still be able to adjust the hight of the ride!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh, nice! keep us posed with compatability. i might be interested a little later
Old Oct 16, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

If they wind up being a perfect fit for the Ralliarts I'll most definately be interested....
Old Oct 17, 2004, 07:40 PM

ill buy them if the ride hight is adjustable...But how low will it go........
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

I would hope the spring rate matches that of the stock springs of the RA. If not, you're going to have a lot of blown struts very quickly
Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think I'll wait until others try them. If they fit, and if the spring rates are close to the stockers, I'd seriously consider them.

Adjustable ground clearance would be a plus to me, living out in the boonies in WI. In winter, I could raise the car up an inch or so, and drop it down for all three weeks of the summer.

With regular lowering springs, you're pretty much stuck with the way the car sits. With these, if the wheel gap in the back is still less than in the front, you could level it out.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

says it works for 02+? if the spring rate is close to the 02-03 OZ, then i may consider it too.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

If you you look closely and think about how these will be installed. they will NOT be height adjustable. The only way to raise/lower your car is to have an adjustable Perch. Our perches are fixed, so there will be no ride height adjustment. By using these sleves we will be able to increase/decreace spring rate by tightening the 2 rings. I've never used these, but I have a friend who has seen these and he says they are not height adjustable unless you shock perches move.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

If you you look closely and think about how these will be installed. they will NOT be height adjustable.

By using these sleves we will be able to increase/decreace spring rate by tightening the 2 rings. I've never used these, but I have a friend who has seen these and he says they are not height adjustable unless you shock perches move.
Those sleeves look to me like they'd make the ride height adjustable. The bottom part of the sleeve would sit on the perch, and the adjusting ring acts as a movable perch.

As for your spring rate argument, think about it. Say your spring rate is 400lb per inch stock, and the corner weight on it is 800 lbs. It'll settle down two inches from its uncompressed height. Now, crank the spring rate up to 600lb/inch. Now, it only settles 1.3". You're still changing the ride height.

Besides, I've never heard of an adjustable rate spring. You can pre-load them, sometimes, but you can't change the rate without some kind of spring assist device, like airbags.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

I just don't see how you can make the car go up and down if the stock perch does not move, you're bassically only squishing the spring and reducing your travel. This is what it seems, someone pls make it make sense to me.
thanks mike
Old Oct 18, 2004, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I just don't see how you can make the car go up and down if the stock perch does not move, you're bassically only squishing the spring and reducing your travel.
The sleeve acts as a movable perch. The only way you'd "squish" the spring would be if you adjusted it all the way up to the top of the strut travel. Then you'd be pre-loading the spring. Your ride height would be jacked up, and ride quality would suck. You'd have to overcome the preload weight before the spring would start to compress to absorb a bump.

The sleeves wouldn't be any different than a movable perch on a strut. It does the same job, just in a different way.

Quick Reply: Nex Tech Coilover Springs 230.00 SHIPPED!!!