Notices
Lancer Ralliart Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

ROAD/RACE- SRI intake for Ralliart (New)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Rock. I'am mister NEWBE
I'am interested in the SRI or the CIA the only problem I have is knowing wath is the diffrent betten both? is one better then the other? Wich has adds more power? can I use it if it rains? all the info you can pass along will be diply apreciated.
Thank you for your help
CICLON
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

The CAI pulls air from outside the engine bay. The SRI sits in the engine bay.

The CAI gets better hp by probably 1 or 2 hp

The SRI is good if you want good throttle response with a CAI I find throttle response to be a little slow.

Rain isn't the issue it's big deep puddles or flooding.

I get lots of rain out here and I have no problems with CAI.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Thank you for the quik responde one more please, Wich want is faster to install and un-install in case I have to take the car to the dealer I don't want to hair any BULL SH.... about the warranty you know......
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SRI is quicker to install or uninstall. One bolt, one hose clamp.

ROAD/RACE
Old Sep 28, 2004, 09:32 AM

also you cant use a CAI if you have automatic tranny.. keep that in mind. I got the SRI. It took 20 minutes to instal and only that long because I needed a socket for my wrench I didn't own. I like the sound a lot.. performance wise to be honest I really dont notice anything Disappointed a bit there for sure
Old Sep 29, 2004, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Now you need to make the exhaust breathe too. DOWNPIPE and exhaust. Remember these thing work together. CAI does not work with automatic trans.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 10, 2005, 09:34 AM

I purchased one of these a few months ago and with all the snow we have gotten here I need to replace the filter. I went on the RoadRace web page and didn't see just the filter. Where can I order a couple of these please?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kmfdm
I purchased one of these a few months ago and with all the snow we have gotten here I need to replace the filter. I went on the RoadRace web page and didn't see just the filter. Where can I order a couple of these please?
I believe the filter they use is washable. Just run luke warm water through the filter FROM THE INSIDE OUT. So best bet, hold the filter under a kitchen sink, and let the water run (not to fast) down the intake hole. Do NOT use any cleaners or detergents.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 09:11 PM
Former Sponsor

They are cleanable but if you want to buy replacement call us and i will sell you one.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wrecked
I believe the filter they use is washable. Just run luke warm water through the filter FROM THE INSIDE OUT. So best bet, hold the filter under a kitchen sink, and let the water run (not to fast) down the intake hole. Do NOT use any cleaners or detergents.
Actually no, you're incorrect. These filters are the same as the K&N ones. You need to buy a "filter charger" kit which consists of a cleaner solution and then you run it under water to clean it out and let it dry. Then you would need to use the supplied oil in the kit to re-oil the filter.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry, did no one else notice that he said a 25 hp gain. Did you mean to say 2-5 hp.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

No, he is right. If you overdose on Flinstones chewables and then take your RA out with a SRI added, you will feel a 25 hp gain.

Additionally, you will notice that trees will melt and passersby will resemble spider monkeys. Finally, do not attempt to consume oatmeal, as it will taste and feel like chewing fiberglass insulation.

2-5 is accurate for the RRM Ralliart SRI.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deltarider99
No, he is right. If you overdose on Flinstones chewables and then take your RA out with a SRI added, you will feel a 25 hp gain.

Additionally, you will notice that trees will melt and passersby will resemble spider monkeys. Finally, do not attempt to consume oatmeal, as it will taste and feel like chewing fiberglass insulation.

2-5 is accurate for the RRM Ralliart SRI.
rofl! hahaha
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

25 is way over but I did get a call from a guy that dynoed a full 10 h.p. on his automatic RA. I inquired, dyno seemed legit but I will not advertise it. We have never done a dyno ourselves on just this item but we did datalogs as described on our website.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

This is just what I have been looking for. I have an automatic and haven't found any kind of air system. Thank you Rock for this and I will be buying one in about 2 weeks when my graduation money comes in.

Offtopic:
On your site you have a link to hear the exhaust system on there but the link is broken. Is there another link you have so I can hear it or did you just take it off the site?

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- SRI intake for Ralliart (New)