Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Apex Body Kit Installation Bill Came in Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....Zap definitely would like to see that ride...
... ...
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Okay, I got the explanation from the guy in central NJ, down by seabright, NJ. It's price for installation was so high because the munich silver has a lot of pearl and whatnot in it's code, so if he painted it via just the code, then the kit would look odd on my car. He also told me you don't just slap paint on a body kit and throw it on a car, it needs to look like it came out of factory like that. So he pretty much did a repaintjob of the whole car with the kit with a little more pearl in the paint, gives it a nicer gloss I guess. Engine bay, door panels, trunk, roof, plus the full apex kit. My brake calipers were also painted. So I don't know, I do not have pics up at the moment, I am getting new graphics done and am taking pics as a almost finished project when the new graphics go on around April 1st, for the show April 6th. ZapcoLancer's car will be at Raceway Park, Survivor Searies #1 on April 6th. Any Jerseyians reading this come by to check out the ride/system.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

well now that you explained that you got your whole car repainted . . . i think that $3000 is a good price for everything that was done. i have only one question . . . since you got the whole car repainted wouldnt you rather have gotten another color?
Old Mar 17, 2003, 12:31 PM

Did you authorize the paint job to be done? Did they inform you or your GF that, that was going to happen? If they did not contact you about all of that I would look into getting some of that money back. Not too sure how it works where you are at but work has to be authorized for most places. If they just indiscrimenantly(sp) just decided to paint your car to match the body kit then that is not right. You never requested such services and you never authorized them. Unless you stated or your GF said that they can prior to that. That's if ya want to get your some of your money back. Hell go to the people's court... lol...that would be good.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

yea man hes right, dont mean to bust ur ballz here, but that guy who did the job is a full of bull****.

u went there to ask for ur kit to be painted, not ur whole damn car, u do realize he just voided your perforation and paint warranty? dude, living in the US, u can sue his *** for phucking up ur whole car paint when u never authorized him.

the point is, u never asked for a paint job, and plus, ur car is new man, what? 2002? 2003? who needs a paint job, the guy probalby wanted to rip u off that he bullshyt his way to do the whole thing.

and just so u know, i got my civic's kit painted, and several of my rfirends got their cars painted, we never heard of a hole car being painted to match the bumper, think about it man, ur bumper has to adapt and blend to the rest of the car, not ur car for the bumper.

i'm not trying make u feel bad man, but shyt, like he said man, u never authorized him to do that shyt.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

if he had to blend the new paint into the old it consists of maybe wet sanding the fenders bottom of the dors some of the quaters and the trunk lid to fix the hole and also maybe some blend prep then to reclearcote it but to re do the whole car is just obserded
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:43 PM

Check laws for your state about that. Not so much getting it for free but the principle that dude reemed you... if you let him keep that $$ you just gettin it in the backside with no lube... Contact someone if neccesary about it. If he has done it to you, how many other people has he done it to, and how many more will he do it to. Get on it and get that back.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 05:05 PM

if this isnt grounds for a letter to the better business bureau, nothing is... sounds to me like this guy tried to rip you off, don't let him. that's a lot of money to just say 'f*ck it'
Old Mar 18, 2003, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah thats what i was sayin before.. You gave him your card and he went nuts on the car to drive up the price... Took full advantage of you... I mean, why not? You need to go get some money back man
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

If it cost me $3000 to put a ****in kit on I won't even buy one. I'll ask before I put one on.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

dude post a pic im thinking of ordering the kit but the $550 deal ends march 31st!!

2) APEX STYLE KIT WITH FB, SS, RB , EYE LIDS +SPORT LIGHT COVERS + GT GRILL US$ 550 SHIPPED TO ANY CITY IN USA
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

ummm people (especially silver lancer owner) dont hate me for saying this. but i see no special pearl color on munich silver. the guy at the shop did rip you off. there was no need to repaint the whole car.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

post pics!
Old Mar 21, 2003, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Is it possible to get the APEX STyle kit without the hood and just the grill?