Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Re-wired signal lights =D

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:11 PM
olo
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome idea
Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's sweet man. good idea to the pioneer
Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

love this mod ,
if anyone is thinking about doing this mod please take a lot of pics and post a how to .
I would but i suck at explaining things
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

blaze....

those lights would not fit in there unless u really want to retrofit it which would be a pain... just use the same type of bulb that in there already.. i swapped mine for yellow ones to match my car instead of the stock amber ones....

as far as headlight color.. the cop that pulled me over one time for having yellow headlights said that you are only allowed to have WHITE.... as far as signals... amber is the legal color.. although nobody would really pull u over for having yellow ones like i do.. the yellow ones i have are pia bulbs and they are blinding haha....but i've never gotten hassled for them....

as for the write up... its really simple... all i did was cut the positive wire from the signal lights and tapped them to a 12v source.. in this case.. i just ran a wire to my cigarette lighter 12v source and placed a switch inbetween to turn them on and off when i want to so they're not always on... If u want just PM me and i'll show u how to do it....

There's a simple way to keep them on and blink for signals but u'll need a relay...
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vietxscapeD
blaze....

those lights would not fit in there unless u really want to retrofit it which would be a pain... just use the same type of bulb that in there already.. i swapped mine for yellow ones to match my car instead of the stock amber ones....

as far as headlight color.. the cop that pulled me over one time for having yellow headlights said that you are only allowed to have WHITE.... as far as signals... amber is the legal color.. although nobody would really pull u over for having yellow ones like i do.. the yellow ones i have are pia bulbs and they are blinding haha....but i've never gotten hassled for them....

as for the write up... its really simple... all i did was cut the positive wire from the signal lights and tapped them to a 12v source.. in this case.. i just ran a wire to my cigarette lighter 12v source and placed a switch inbetween to turn them on and off when i want to so they're not always on... If u want just PM me and i'll show u how to do it....

There's a simple way to keep them on and blink for signals but u'll need a relay...
Haha...I got pulled over for my yellow light bulbs too! They're not Piaa's, but they're yellow....friends tell me they're pretty bright. I only got pulled over once by an @$$ cop, and not by any other cops I drive by. I didn't get a ticket or anything, but he ran my license through....probably hoping to get me at something.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

If we forget about the plastic piece already on the wires, was size bulb would fit in the signal hole? Anyone knows? There has to be a headlight bulb out there that would fit snug in that place. Forget about the wires and connections.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

just shove it thru haha....

like i said.. theres no bulb that size that will fit through properly in a headlight size ( to my knowledge at least or else it wold have been done).... ur just gonna have to take ur light out and widen the hole and retrofit it.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea im kinda clueless when it comes to wiring so can i get some kinda step bye step instructiuons with pics if possible
cuz that is hot
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:57 PM
SJ
Evolving Member

why don't u make a thread at 'how to' about wirering that...i really wanna do that too but i have no idea how to do it..
Old Jan 28, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

OKay! i'll do a write up lol....keep posted for it
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EarsLikenElf
Wouldnt this be possible to just swap the wiring from light to light... running the wires from the blinkers to the running lights, and from the running lights to the blinkiers? I had thought about doing this a while ago, but wasnt sure about the wiring. I am sure this can be done w/ out a switch, depending on power distribution to the lights... dont want to blow em when the lights are turned on. Ill have to try this one out. Please post a link to a write up w/ picks! or PM me w/ some instructions :-)
could you do it this way. cause i'm ordering my hid's and new housings next week so it will all be apart . i just dont know if it would be to many amps or what ever its called going to the 194 bulbs and to little going to the 1156 bulbs . what do you think
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone done it on an 04 light yet? If you made a how to I would certainly be the first to try.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Not to hijack your thread, just letting the '+04 guys know this is possible and kind of easy. I'll put up a how to with some illustrations and pictures. Thanks again for the awesome idea! I've been wondering if that would work for so long because I love the Is's lights.
The first one is lame with lights on and flash. The second is just running lights. The long side reflector is the turn signal now and it works. The only downside is the new bodies have the stupid lenses over the turn signal hole so they need to be removed. I'll do that when it gets warm.

Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:07 PM

sorry to dig up and old thread, but I searched, and searched, and searched, and searched, and searched, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...

I too have switched the font turns into daytime running lights, and the side markers into the blinking turn signals...

end result, rapid flash aka ricer flash...

looking to fix this, but can't find a turn signal relay for the 02 Lancer ES...

can anybody shed some more light on this subject?... thanks in advance
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Did you cut out any of the wire? Believe or not, when I rewired mine, I added some wire. It blinks like normal now...

Quick Reply: Re-wired signal lights =D