Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

***Went to the dark side, I couldn't help it ( car change )***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
i think you should still do some cf pimpin'... i mean the car is black, so you can super ***** it with cf! some weight reduction will only help you in the long run. gotta keep up with those type s's somehow
Just do the suspension and drop a medium sized turbo in it and you will be fast...
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Hey thanks everyone. I think, no wait I KNOW, I made the right decision since I got such a good deal on it. I don't have a lot in plan for it yet but I do plan on doing some nice wheels and about a 1inch drop and that's about it for the beginning.
There will be performance mods on this, unlike the lancer.

Thanks again
Keep the comments coming

Adam
Old Apr 17, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adamkean
Mike--I remember that shoot, that was one of the first times I ever hung out with the AZLancer crew.....trust me though, this car is nicer than my lancer, even though I did love the lancer.
I know... You just had one of the cleanest lancers I have ever seen, and I am sad to see it go. Some day you will have to drive the Acura down and party with us again.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

hey sup man.. you made a really nice switch right there lol.

the 02-04 lip kits will not fit the 05-06 except for the side skirts. and also, suspension parts are not interchangeable between 02-04 models and the 05+ models.

the new 05+ rsx type-s' use k20z1 engines.. no more k20a2. it uses pretty much all type-r parts except for the ITR ecu tune. it has the type-r final drive, type-r intake manifold, type-r exhaust, etc.. as for the new 05+ bases, im not sure if you guys still have the k20a3 or if they renamed it the k20z3, but it still has the same power output as previous bases. its just that your vtec engages at 2200rpm's and is not really noticeable when it kicks in.. the type-s vtec engages at 5800rpm's and you feel a significant pull at the vtec crossover. there's a lot more i could go into detail with, but like i said, feel free to hit me up on aim anytime. i'll give you the best places to buy parts from and whatnot.

*EDIT:
here's a few pics of my car taken by eric tong..
http://www.explicitdesigns.net/rsx/etong/

and some new pics of my new lip and spoiler with my stockies on..
http://www.explicitdesigns.net/rsx/cwest/

brian khang just recently shot my car, so those pics are coming soon

Last edited by majestic lancer; Apr 18, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks alot man. I'll be PMing you soon to get some info and stuff from you. That car you have is beautiful!! I was torn between white and black and I went black. They both look good so I couldn't go wrong, lol.

adam

Also, who is Eric tong?? both of your cars look alike but he has some nice *** wheels on his car. Either way, both of the cars are awesome!!

Last edited by Titaztik; Apr 18, 2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks alot man. I'll be PMing you soon to get some info and stuff from you. That car you have is beautiful!! I was torn between white and black and I went black. They both look good so I couldn't go wrong, lol.

adam

Also, who is Eric tong?? both of your cars look alike but he has some nice *** wheels on his car. Either way, both of the cars are awesome!!
my bad about the confusion.. the first link of pictures is my car photographed by eric tong. the second set is of my car on stock wheels with a new front lip and spoiler. the bronze g-games are back on my car right now and was just recently photographed by brian khang, so i'll have more pictures soon.

eric tong and brian khang are photographers for JTuned and are members of clubrsx if u werent familiar with their names
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good move, I would have done the same thing if I could...looks really good...
Old Apr 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by majestic lancer
my bad about the confusion.. the first link of pictures is my car photographed by eric tong. the second set is of my car on stock wheels with a new front lip and spoiler. the bronze g-games are back on my car right now and was just recently photographed by brian khang, so i'll have more pictures soon.

eric tong and brian khang are photographers for JTuned and are members of clubrsx if u werent familiar with their names

That's cool. Do you live near those guys?? Or is your car gonna be featured on jtuned.com sometime soon?? Either way your car looks hot! I love those bronze g-games I'm wanting to do a dark bronze wheel on my car also Thanks again and can you PM me some sites to check out for things for my car.

Thanks again also to everyone

Adam
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

That's cool. Do you live near those guys?? Or is your car gonna be featured on jtuned.com sometime soon?? Either way your car looks hot! I love those bronze g-games I'm wanting to do a dark bronze wheel on my car also Thanks again and can you PM me some sites to check out for things for my car.

Thanks again also to everyone

Adam
thanks man.. yea i live about 2 hours away from both of the photographers. eric tong just shot my car for fun and brian khang shot my car to build up his portfolio.. but brian is gonna try to get my car on the site but i doubt it lol
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Hey happy to hear about the trade to an RSX, I would do the same if i had the money I'm Still paying my Lancer off. But I do wish you would of had a small parts sell before you did . anyway good luck with the new car and post pics just because you have an RSX doesn't mean the pic war is over. Plus it give me something to look at when I board.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by majestic lancer
thanks man.. yea i live about 2 hours away from both of the photographers. eric tong just shot my car for fun and brian khang shot my car to build up his portfolio.. but brian is gonna try to get my car on the site but i doubt it lol

Thanks cool man. Well PM me when you get those new pics up, I would love to check them out
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrtrunks
Hey happy to hear about the trade to an RSX, I would do the same if i had the money I'm Still paying my Lancer off. But I do wish you would of had a small parts sell before you did . anyway good luck with the new car and post pics just because you have an RSX doesn't mean the pic war is over. Plus it give me something to look at when I board.

Thanks alot. Yea, I wish I could of had a part out before but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing so I didn't have a chance. I'll continue to post pics but it sucks because it's just a stock RSX not a lot of mods to drool over yet
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

BUt is still a damn sexy car
Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Majestic, that is one sexy rsx. What have you done to it?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Added bonus...that car is alot more mod friendly than our Lancers! Good choice-on the type of car. Bad choice-not getting the Type S. Oh well....