Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

carbon fiber gauges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carbon fiber gauges

hey guys has anyone used rrm's carbon fiber three gauge center dash piece with autometer carbon fiber gauges? I was thinking that might be overkill. maybe i should go with cobalt instead

i'm also going to be changing the climate lights led red to match my normal gauge cluster. what gauges look best with a red interior theme? will the cobalts look cool with the red? I'm such a noob when it comes to this style stuff

also, are short seep gauges useless? i would like to save a ton of money and get short sweeps if they do the job well enough. i'm thinking possibly oil pressure, trans temp, oil temp, maybe a/f (just eye candy), i'm not sure. when i get into serious tuning and stuff later on i know i'll need egt and wideband but not worried about those now

thanks as always!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say oil pressure, oil temp, water temp (engine temp) for usefull starter gauges. I personally think the fake cf gauges look like crap. I think it will ruin the awsomeness of the cf pod.

Cobalts will look ok. I was gonna do this exact thing until I started looking at the gauges I want, defi. $200 a gauge so im holding off. lol
Old Dec 2, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

yep thats what i'm thinking. i don't want to do it and then regret it. i'm not a super serious car tuner god though, i just want something functional that looks nice
Old Dec 2, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
then yah, autometer is your best bet. Cobalt might be your best bet I think.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

i figure that when the time comes i'm going to need a nice wideband and egt anyway. these will at least dress up the dash and serve a purpose once the car is actually being stressed a good deal.

so the short sweep gauges for oil pressure, oil temp etc will work well enough?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 07:17 PM

They will work well enough now but as soon as you start doing some serious modding then your going to need wideband and egt, so might as well spend the money now then later. I presonally like to buy something once and get the best then get something cheap and regret it later.