Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Custom Interior Paint [How To]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good write up but not feeling the yellow. i liked the white better and if changed id go with a gunmetal. that be sick
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

looks good man. i plan on doin that to mine soon as well, but im having a guy paint it for me with the left over paint he has mixed up from spraying some of my new exterior pieces.

will look alot better if you get some more yellow in the interior.

maybe look into katzins for some new seats : )
Old Feb 28, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

nice write up i basically did the same process and used the same spray paint as you did and over time it is going to peel and look like **** i painted my interior black and white the orginal color was beige but i am taking my car to a shop and they are gonna go over everything and use real automotive paint and paint my door panels and interior pieces flat black. i think it will look alot cleaner and it will be alot more easier to keep clean! also my carpet is beige still i couldent find any premolded carpet so i am going to dye my carpet black!. but let us know how everything keeps up!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Definitely post up when you have that done, I'm sure a lot of ES owners (like me) would want to see the results and hear what it costs. For carpet, why not get carpet out of the evo, I think it's dark grey/black.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have thought about going to the dealership and ordering lancer or evo carpet but it is way to expensive for me, i tried online and know one has it. and i dont think im gonna find people selling there carpets on here i dont think, dying it will be alot easier and cheaper unless someone has sources.

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Definitely post up when you have that done, I'm sure a lot of ES owners (like me) would want to see the results and hear what it costs. For carpet, why not get carpet out of the evo, I think it's dark grey/black.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Just wait for an evo to be parted out. There's one guy who's parting out everything (dash, door panels, carpet, literally everything) right now if you don't want the hassle of getting your dash painted.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

yeah thanks alot i checked it out! sent him a couple pms, thanks for the heads up!!!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I already asked him (EVOIX4me) about the carpet but that's all I'm interested in, don't have the money to swap out my entire interior at the moment.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

I love the contrast between the yellow and black. Its not something I would personally do but I think it looks great.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
May I suggest getting rid of the white around the gauges. Paint it black, that much white looks bad with all that yellow. However, you did a great job.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

I like. It looks good. I like the shift knob and the no smoking lighter.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Not my cup of tea, and to each his own.....

Good luck selling the car down the road.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the feedback.
not sure how the paint would peel since I have about 4 clear coats on it but watever? lol

Yae Im trying to find a gauge cover in black off of an OZ around here cuz i really dont want the hassle of painting the white.
but if I cant then I will cuz it would look alot better.

Vanisher- I brought the car back to the dealership I bought it from and they appraised it at a higher private resale than what I originally paid for it. (slightly)
the white interior was so bad that it killed the price when I bought it so doing it over and more professionally helped bring it up.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 02:07 AM
mds

hey, great tutorial! I am from Australia, and I've got the same car but instead of OZ Rally we call it "VR-X" here lol. Anyway, my break is coming up and what better way to do up your car. My Lancer is a 2003 model and it's got a Pearl White exterior and dominant black interior with silver (mostly the parts that you painted). This is completely stock. I am having a hard time deciding on what colour I should paint it. I was thinking White since the ext is white. but would it look good? any other suggestion?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

^ i didnt do as many parts as the tut shows, i only did that dash plate part in red and it looks good, not very hard to do at all, and if u dont like it all is u have to do is sand it back and start again!

btw, the yellow is nice

Quick Reply: Custom Interior Paint [How To]