Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

4g63 Swap Thread(Mad_Canabice)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah turbotime it's exactly what I plan to do since it is going to be my new daily driver and i'll be giving the wife the mazda 3.fearthisrc i will get some more recent pics up tommorrow of what the car looks like now just been really busy working... as for the lancer this filipino guy came by house today offering me a deal on it but I told him i'll get back to it but since i am in need of some extra cash I may consider his offer but not too sure yet since I would still like to see it finnished and he has no intentions of going through that headache.
Old May 30, 2009, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Here are a few pics of what the car looked like before remember it is the silver one.I'll add recent pics of it tommorrow.

If any of you guys need any comparison pics of the evo and the lancer now would be the time to request it..... if possible I can get the pics for you since I have both cars home now.

Also is anyone 100% sure the front windsheild will swap from the lancer to the evo?
Old May 30, 2009, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

waiting to see more!!
Old May 30, 2009, 06:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
100% sure windsheild is good to go.

evo looks sick man, great buy! your gona love it.. dont worry about the lancer, just gid rid of it and dont worry about what the other guy is gona do..

let me know if you come through with the rhd stuff.

thanks
Old May 30, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that looks good. Great buy! How much you selling the project for, if you don't mind me asking?

I couldn't sell it if it was my Lancer just because of the hours i would have put into it.
Because my friends 06 IX is sitting in an impound lot for $5K. Don't have the 5K to buy it and the Lancer i'm making will be better in my opinion.
But do what you got to do man. Good luck with which ever path you go with on these.
If you do get rid of the Lancer maybe do something unique with the Evo, so it doesn't look like all the rest. Just a thought =)
Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Taking Delivery

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Jun 1, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you are one luck dude... gratz
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

For the first time i decided to install the cam locks which is what holds the cams in place inside the head.They are labeled E1-E5 which I know is exhaust and the I also have another 6 which are labeled I1-I5 which is Intake.

My problem is when I started to install them starting from the side with the cam gears which is where number 1 would go on each side and kept working my down the line in that order.When they were all installed the cams would not rotate.Also keep in mind I don't have the valves and everything else installed yet only the cams so they should spin freely or atleast spin with little effort.

Here is what I think and was told by a few mechanics.
They said it is little chance that i would work because the cam locks were not the original ones that came with that exact head.And that if they were to work i would be cer lucky.So the only solution is to get them line bored for my specific head.

Question.
Is the above theory true or false?

Here is what I did.
I went through everyone of them one by one on each installation point (which took me a few hours) and on the intake side most of the the ones marked "E" were usable only one on the intake side I could not find any of the cam locks to fit.On the exhaust cam I could not get any of the locks to work.

I hope I made this clear so that you guys could understand if someone could shed some light on this i'll really apprecaite it.

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Jun 7, 2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:27 AM

man the evo is great......but u gave up on the lancer after all this effort...u were soo close.

btw am done with the swap running 1.1bar FWD..i smoked my friend with his 1.3bar evo VII) from 60-200kph.

everyone knows how fast is an evo..but ur lancer wud,ve been so unique,and faster(its so light)

anyway good luck with the evo..it looks really nice.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer1.6
man the evo is great......but u gave up on the lancer after all this effort...u were soo close.

btw am done with the swap running 1.1bar FWD..i smoked my friend with his 1.3bar evo VII) from 60-200kph.

everyone knows how fast is an evo..but ur lancer wud,ve been so unique,and faster(its so light)

anyway good luck with the evo..it looks really nice.
what kind of turned me away from the lancer is that I need a reliable street car and the lancer was flooded so it has alot of rust issues that I am now starting to see since i took out my interior and I would have just dug too far into my pocket to make it a reliable street car or just a reliable car for that matter so I decided to scrap it and my friend has another RHD shell that I can get for a couple hundred dollars good thing about this is that I will still have alot of the extra evo parts saved back and I now have the knowledge to know almost everything it takes to do this swap especially having the evo makes it even easier to know the differences between the 2 cars so I may surprise you in the up an comming months but most likely i'll make the lancer a complete race car.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

nice evo. but too bad another lancer is going to say bye bye...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

yea man brings a tear to my eye everytime I think about it
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

ordered my motor and alot of other parts today also did a DIY on my headlights and a DIY on my tailights from chrome housing to JDM loved how it turned and very surprise with how OEM it looks too bad I broke on of the lens on my passenger side tailight oh well I have another comming along with the shipment.So I should have the car running by next week hopefully I'll have pics of the lights up tommorrow
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

lol gah, I would of traded you for your chrome ones... oh well. lets see pics.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

:sight: now you tell me I was painting this damn thing all day and it is still costing me money
I'm uploading the pics now i'll put them up shortly

Quick Reply: 4g63 Swap Thread(Mad_Canabice)